Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Mike Wallace blames lack of production on concentration lapses

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    This IS pathetic. This is TO-ish, except TO always produced. Go to Oakland. This guy is a POS. Close the chapter on him. I don't even want to see him on the field as a Steeler any longer.
    Completely agree. I say bench him for the rest of the year. If Sanders can quit dropping the ball I'd rather have him out there playing with heart than Wallace out there "losing focus" because he's not getting thrown the ball enough for his liking. Get him the hell out of Pittsburgh.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Administrator

User Info Menu

After reading this article, 3 thoughts immediately went through my mind.

1. That he's truly speaking his mind and not sugar-coating it. I may not agree with it but I respect his honesty.

2. He should have kept his thoughts about this in house.

3. He's a moron. He's a moron on multiple levels for several reasons and here's a few:

- Many of the "high powered" offenses spread the ball around especially those with elite QBs. Look at the weapons on New England, New Orleans, Atlanta, Green Bay, San Fran, etc. These teams have a lot of offensive weapons and their QBs spread the ball around. One week, a WR might have a huge game, the next week they may only have 2 catches (i.e. Roddy White last week.) Based on his comments, he wants to be "the guy" and not share success or have competition with his co-workers. He would not be happy on ANY of these teams because he wouldn't be "the guy". I could see the Browns or the Rams being a good fit for him. They need WRs in a bad way and he would be "the guy". I don't think Super Bowls are very important to Wallace. He wants to get paid and he wants to be "the guy" and I think he's willing to sacrifice being on a winning team in order to gain it.

- His situation is not so bad... If anyone has something to complain about it's Fitzgerald. The QB play has been so pathetic in Arizona it's hard to watch. You have an elite WR that is an INSANE talent and you have no one to even throw him the ball.

- Maybe he would see the ball more if he was more dependable. The secret is out on Wallace. His catches are seriously impacted by the fact that he's not a short/intermediate route guy. He's maybe not a "one trick poney" but he's darn close.

- He should have taken the Steelers offer. The first clue was the fact that the Steelers dangled him in front of 31 other teams and not one team wanted to give up their 1st rounder to get him. Do you think teams would give up a first rounder for Roddy White, Calvin Johnson, Fitzgerald, AJ Green, etc? You betcha!. Listen up Wallace...that should've been your first damn clue of where the rest of the league thinks you stand as an "elite" WR.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    After reading this article, 3 thoughts immediately went through my mind.

1. That he's truly speaking his mind and not sugar-coating it. I may not agree with it but I respect his honesty.

2. He should have kept his thoughts about this in house.

3. He's a moron. He's a moron on multiple levels for several reasons and here's a few:

- Many of the "high powered" offenses spread the ball around especially those with elite QBs. Look at the weapons on New England, New Orleans, Atlanta, Green Bay, San Fran, etc. These teams have a lot of offensive weapons and their QBs spread the ball around. One week, a WR might have a huge game, the next week they may only have 2 catches (i.e. Roddy White last week.) Based on his comments, he wants to be "the guy" and not share success or have competition with his co-workers. He would not be happy on ANY of these teams because he wouldn't be "the guy". I could see the Browns or the Rams being a good fit for him. They need WRs in a bad way and he would be "the guy". I don't think Super Bowls are very important to Wallace. He wants to get paid and he wants to be "the guy" and I think he's willing to sacrifice being on a winning team in order to gain it.

- His situation is not so bad... If anyone has something to complain about it's Fitzgerald. The QB play has been so pathetic in Arizona it's hard to watch. You have an elite WR that is an INSANE talent and you have no one to even throw him the ball.

- Maybe he would see the ball more if he was more dependable. The secret is out on Wallace. His catches are seriously impacted by the fact that he's not a short/intermediate route guy. He's maybe not a "one trick poney" but he's darn close.

- He should have taken the Steelers offer. The first clue was the fact that the Steelers dangled him in front of 31 other teams and not one team wanted to give up their 1st rounder to get him. Do you think teams would give up a first rounder for Roddy White, Calvin Johnson, Fitzgerald, AJ Green, etc? You betcha!. Listen up Wallace...that should've been your first damn clue of where the rest of the league thinks you stand as an "elite" WR.
    I agree with all of this. I was kind of shocked to see how low he ranked on the WR production this season. In the mid-40s? And he wants $11 mill a year? Give me a f'n break. He F'd up by not taking the Steelers' offer. And now he is throwing a little hissy fit all season long. That is a distraction. For as many times as he drops the ball, we don't need his jack ass attitude poisoning this team chemistry. And we can live without a pure deep threat just fine. Brown and Sanders can make big plays out of medium routes with YACs. And Haley's offense is based on much more short and intermediate stuff. It can be successful without the pure deep threat. Hell, even Heath can make some pretty long plays as he did vs. Balt. He's just not too bright, or he wouldn't choose to A.) decide he is going to just not give full effort on a contract year, and B.) Not actually verbalize about his "lack of focus." Those are simply two things that you must be pretty stupid to choose to do at this point.

I saw "A Football Life" featuring Jimmy Johnson the other week. He was on his boat with Belichick and said, "Remember what I told you? If I ever draft a stupid player again, hit me in the head with a hammer. You can't fix stupid." I am not saying you need to have all road scholars on your team, especially on defense, but if you have really stupid players, it just makes things much more difficult.

Starter

User Info Menu

wutta FOOLIO. ive heard enough at this point. at first we could only speculate his true feelings but now the cat is out of the bag.. he gots NO HEART.. trade him..

Adios!!
    Black N' Gold Til' I'm Dead N' Cold...
    [url=http://img203.imageshack.us/i/32023126285034060670100.jpg/]http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4...4060670100.jpg[/url]
    [url=http://img19.imageshack.us/i/steelertowngal.jpg/]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/107...lertowngal.jpg[/url]
    We don't have any cheerleaders but we do have a few of these \m/...

Legend

User Info Menu

After reading the last three to four pages its pretty funny to think we had posters just a short time ago arguing for Wallace and trying to convince the world how importnat he is.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Backup

User Info Menu

Cant imagine what a guy like Heath Miller thought when he heard that..

Backup

User Info Menu

This article or his comments will have zero impact on his contract next year.

While I agree that it doesn't make sense to pay him crazy money....his absence will impact this team. We would have lost 2 maybe 3 games this year without him...

He leads the teams in receiving and TDs....what does that say about the rest of our WR corp?

He will get a big contract next year...maybe Indy?

Legend

User Info Menu

Tomlin needs to treat him like Mendy. No hat on Sunday for Wally.

Legend

User Info Menu

We won't miss him... sure we won't see blazing speed while going deep but you will see another WR step in and produce. Some of you act like we won't field 11 players without Wallace. We will be fine.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    We won't miss him... sure we won't see blazing speed while going deep but you will see another WR step in and produce. Some of you act like we won't field 11 players without Wallace. We will be fine.
    When your #2 and #3 QB come in and stare down your #3 WR, you know there's a problem for the #1 WR. It tells me that Chuck and Byron know where Manny's gonna be, but have no clue Where's Waldo. Says 1 guy's a good route runner and the other isn't.

It would be the equivalent of backup QBs for the Cardinals looking/throwing to Early Doucet instead of Larry Fitzgerald. Or the backups in Detroit throwing to Ryan Broyles instead of Megatron.