Thread: He could fall to 17.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

He could fall to 17.

17. Pittsburgh Steelers
    Manti Te'o NFL Player Comparison

The Pick: ILB Manti Te'o, Notre Dame
    The Manti Te'o wait is over.
    Fans of the Notre Dame linebacker will surely be upset that he's still on the board here, but they should be glad to see him in a situation tailor-made for his talents. But why the fall down the board?
    Te'o is a very good linebacker, no question, but his position isn't one of great need at the top of the draft this year. There are teams who could add a middle linebacker, but it's not the primary need for any team ahead of Pittsburgh.
    Also (and this doesn't get mentioned enough), Te'o simply isn't a great athlete. He's not Patrick Willis. Instead, look for Te'o to run somewhere around a 4.7 in the 40-yard dash and perform about average in all agility tests at the combine.
    Te'o had a brilliant year, and his character can't be questioned, but he's not the elite, all-world prospect that some have made him out to be. It's much more likely he's drafted in the 10-15 range and not the 5-10 range some are predicting.

The rest can be here: [URL]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1461577-2013-nfl-mock-draft-full-first-round-predictions-with-final-draft-order?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter& utm_campaign=nfl#/articles/1461577-2013-nfl-mock-draft-full-first-round-predictions-with-final-draft-order/page/18[/URL]

Still like this pick.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    17. Pittsburgh Steelers
    Manti Te'o NFL Player Comparison

The Pick: ILB Manti Te'o, Notre Dame
    The Manti Te'o wait is over.
    Fans of the Notre Dame linebacker will surely be upset that he's still on the board here, but they should be glad to see him in a situation tailor-made for his talents. But why the fall down the board?
    Te'o is a very good linebacker, no question, but his position isn't one of great need at the top of the draft this year. There are teams who could add a middle linebacker, but it's not the primary need for any team ahead of Pittsburgh.
    Also (and this doesn't get mentioned enough), Te'o simply isn't a great athlete. He's not Patrick Willis. Instead, look for Te'o to run somewhere around a 4.7 in the 40-yard dash and perform about average in all agility tests at the combine.
    Te'o had a brilliant year, and his character can't be questioned, but he's not the elite, all-world prospect that some have made him out to be. It's much more likely he's drafted in the 10-15 range and not the 5-10 range some are predicting.

The rest can be here: [URL]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1461577-2013-nfl-mock-draft-full-first-round-predictions-with-final-draft-order?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter& utm_campaign=nfl#/articles/1461577-2013-nfl-mock-draft-full-first-round-predictions-with-final-draft-order/page/18[/URL]

Still like this pick.
    Wow. So we are drafting a Larry Foote in the first round?
    Last edited by NorthCoast; 12-31-2012 at 03:18 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Wow. So we are drafting a Larry Foote in the first round?
    Not hardly. Larry Foote is not a run stuffer nor can he cover like Te'o.

I predict a lot of people will miss the boat on Te'o. I see greatness in him.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Not hardly. Larry Foote is not a run stuffer nor can he cover like Te'o.

I predict a lot of people will miss the boat on Te'o. I see greatness in him.
    Agreed. We already have the elite athlete at MLB in Timmons. We need a dude that is going to get in there and grind, but also have the ability to be an emotional leader and play smart. I believe that guy is Te'o

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I hope Te'o looks like crap in every drill he does at the combine. Perfect way to ensure a moderate slide down to the middle of the first round, and in reality it mean's nothing about him as a football player.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    Agreed. We already have the elite athlete at MLB in Timmons. We need a dude that is going to get in there and grind, but also have the ability to be an emotional leader and play smart. I believe that guy is Te'o
    Me too. Great post.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    I hope Te'o looks like crap in every drill he does at the combine. Perfect way to ensure a moderate slide down to the middle of the first round, and in reality it mean's nothing about him as a football player.
    Another great post.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Te'o would be a nice addition to our team but something tells me if we pick a LB its going to be an OLB. I'm not sure the Steelers will keep one of our favorite players James Harrison, his injury history and salary might do him in.

So, if we lose James look for the Steelers to consider OLB. One I'm thinking about is Barkevious Mingo, there is a good chance he will be there when we pick.
    It might come down to BPA as we need several position filled.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think if James goes they'll be comfortable with worilds and carter. Depth at MLB is not so good. Unless spence comes back and looks amazing.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    I think if James goes they'll be comfortable with worilds and carter. Depth at MLB is not so good. Unless spence comes back and looks amazing.
    I agree. If the Steelers elect to release Harrison it wont be for a draft pick but for someone they feel is ready to step in. And I believe when they weigh the cost of cutting Harrison and what Worilds has flashed they will do this and Worilds will get his chance.

And about Mingo??? He had a very down, disappointing season for LSU. Not sure using your number one pick on him is wise.