Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Serious Question: If this season goes seriously sideways, do the Rooney's blow it up?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    Gault played for the Bears. The San Fran guy you are thinking of is probably Renaldo Nehemiah. He was a world class hurdler.

But your point is well taken.
    Yea, I knew Gault was a Bear. And, yes, Nehemiah was the guy in SF. James Loften may have been another example; I don't know if he ever played track but he had sprinter speed.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    The Rooneys never really "blow it up" so to speak. We are at a point - and they had this happen with Cowher too - where several guys who got big contracts are not living up to them. And last time we saw this (with Chad Scott, Gildon, Steed, Kirkland, Washington, Kordell) it led to our worst losing season in a decade. They had a bunch of players being over-paid to stink it up out there, and they stayed on this path for 2 years longer than they should have. I think we are at a very similar point right now. In all honesty, it is time to "cull the herd" after this season. If Troy remains hurt off and on all year, I say cut him. He's getting paid huge $ and can't stay on the field, ala Arron Smith. What's the point? I'd seriously considering moving past:

- Troy Polamalu - No matter how good a player is, he is worthless on the sidelines.
    - Hampton - Does he do anything at this point other than taking up space
    - Mendenhall - Just not a winner
    - Redman - not a legit NFL running back.
    - Mundy - who sucks
    - Harrison - unless he makes miraculous comeback. I think his body is breaking down.

In the draft, go best player available CB, OLB, safety and running back, probably take two, one in the 3rd or 4th and one late. Maybe pick up another OG, as Colon is proving to suck. If Adams looks like he is developing then don't draft a OT. They must ACT NOW, as we won't have a franchise QB on the roster forever. And you don't win a ring without one, only in the rarest of circumstances, i.e. Dilfer in Balt., Johnson in Tampa....not many other instances come to mind.
    If Colon continues to suck at OG, cut his azz too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    If Colon continues to suck at OG, cut his azz too.
    Colon just finished his third game in 3 years and at a new position. He will be fine as the season goes on.

The offense isn't costing us games.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Colon just finished his third game in 3 years and at a new position. He will be fine as the season goes on.

The offense isn't costing us games.
    Thats why I said if he "continues" to suck azz. His play relative to his contract is crappy right now. If Foster outplays him this year, cut Colon's stinky azz (pun intended) and go with Foster and Decastro into the offseason.

We need to quit trying to plug old parts into new places if the experiment fails this year. If we have losing record, Steelers brass should do whatever it takes to clear huge amounts of cap space and work to get rebuilt in a hurry.

Now, if Colon comes around, then we will see.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Colon just finished his third game in 3 years and at a new position.
    He's supposed to be a pro. He had all of training camp. Although it's a new position, he's not exactly a rookie. Time to quit making excuses for this turrd. And if he doesn't improve by season's end, I agree with BigRob, cut his expensive ar$$$e.

And all the false starts, for a LG? Inexcusable.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

colon has been junk so far. Amazing that some can defend his play while continue to heap scorn on Foster, who is once again outplaying his higher paid counterpart on the other side.

he has been very consistent again this year, especially in light of the problems gilbert is having.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    colon has been junk so far. Amazing that some can defend his play while continue to heap scorn on Foster, who is once again outplaying his higher paid counterpart on the other side.

he has been very consistent again this year, especially in light of the problems gilbert is having.
    Because Foster's play has been mediocre for going on three years and Colon for three games. The difference is obvious to anyone who wants to see it,.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"