Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Haley to Arizona?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    So if Todd Haley taked the Arizona job and Kirby Wilson is named our new O.C., the Steelers will suck for the next quarter century?
    At least he'd make a better OC than Amos Jones.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    If Ben put as much time and effort into working with Haley and the new playbook as he did being passive aggressive against it; this O could be unstoppable. I hope Haley stays and the Rooney's have the "stop being a whiny douche" chat with BB.
    BB does tend to be a whiny douche bag. He is one step away from being a Jay Cutler.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    So if Todd Haley taked the Arizona job and Kirby Wilson is named our new O.C., the Steelers will suck for the next quarter century?

Good, I thought you guys wouldn't have read between the lines because, I didn't want to come straight out and insult Tomlin or Kirby. There will be plenty of pitchforks and torches to go around when things go down the tubes.

I see Kirby with no play calling experience, more of Arians type stuff he will probably engage and Tomlin, doesn't have the smarts to know what is right or what is wrong with an offense. Art II figured that much out and did the job Tomlin should have done seasons ago by showing Arians the door. Is Haley Gods gift to the NFL ? No...but he's light years ahead of Arians and one season of a QB that doesn't back you and all the injuries is not an accurate measuring stick of Tod Haley. The guy deserves another two seasons if he does go to another team, God help us under Kirby.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It is becoming very clear that the OC has no real control in Pittsburgh. In Arizona Haley had a SB winning QB and two good WR's so he threw the ball to the tune of having his offense ranked 4th in the NFL. In KC he had a decent OL and some good RB's so they ran the ball and had a decent offense. Dude has shown he can utilize the talents of the players to design an offense. Here in Pgh though where we have no OL healthy we need to run it 50% of the time no matter what.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    Good, I thought you guys wouldn't have read between the lines because, I didn't want to come straight out and insult Tomlin or Kirby. There will be plenty of pitchforks and torches to go around when things go down the tubes.

I see Kirby with no play calling experience, more of Arians type stuff he will probably engage and Tomlin, doesn't have the smarts to know what is right or what is wrong with an offense. Art II figured that much out and did the job Tomlin should have done seasons ago by showing Arians the door. Is Haley Gods gift to the NFL ? No...but he's light years ahead of Arians and one season of a QB that doesn't back you and all the injuries is not an accurate measuring stick of Tod Haley. The guy deserves another two seasons if he does go to another team, God help us under Kirby.
    Arians led a team with much less talent to the play offs. Was he really that bad?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Arians is in the playoffs with a rookie QB... where are we?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Arians is in the playoffs with a rookie QB... where are we?
    Recovering. I really don't understand why people keep ignoring the injury factor. Yes teams have injuries, yes they are a part of the game AND YES we had problems beyond just injuries. However how is a team supposed to build any sort of momentum when week after week a main cog went down with injury? The list is long and distinguished AND we still finished 8-8. It then shakes out after the season that Ben is "too injured" to play in the Pro Bowl which I believe with a whole heart BECAUSE the guy didn't look like himself to close out the season. A few of those outside passes were down right awful, Derek Anderson awful. Yet here we are trying to place blame on Todd Haley. The same guy that had Ben upright more than he's ever been and putting up fantastic numbers. Let's just chalk this up to a bad year that had a whole lot go wrong. You certainly can't lay blame on any one entity AND despite all the CRAP. We still finished 8-8. Bottom line? Our fan base is BEYOND SPOILED and unreasonable. Give it a damn rest.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Todd Haley is now the front runner for the Cards job.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Arians was in control of two offenses that were in the Super Bowl prior to him being appointed to OC The Colts had a horrible season without Manning, no one can deny that but, prior to that, their team was always a playoff contender. Just more proof it takes a good QB to win in this league. Arians has had the luxury of having future HOF qb's carry his sorry butt all these years.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think I would thrive as an OC if Kurt Warner was my QB. Right now, Haley is the front runner for the AZ job. So now what? We have to go through the learning curve again of a whole new offense? Who ever it is, better know how to freaking call plays and get a rushing attack going. I am so sick of rooting for a Steeler team that ranks near the bottom in rushing. It is pathetic. 26th in the league, with a paltry 3.7 apc. Horrific.