Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Heath Miller improving but cautious; Woodley not motivated by criticism

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 8467thekraken View Post
    Woodley taking some accountability, here, would be nice. Own up to your faults, Lamar. Be a leader. Geez!
    Yeah, if he does that. then we get to hear ppl BITTCH how he should "shut up and let his actions speak".. pffffft..
    Black N' Gold Til' I'm Dead N' Cold...
    [url=http://img203.imageshack.us/i/32023126285034060670100.jpg/]http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4...4060670100.jpg[/url]
    [url=http://img19.imageshack.us/i/steelertowngal.jpg/]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/107...lertowngal.jpg[/url]
    We don't have any cheerleaders but we do have a few of these \m/...

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    it doesnt take a psyc degree, only common sense.
    I'm seeing no evidence of either one...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Miller said, he has no answer to when he can play but he's making progress in his rehab. I just hope when he does return he'll be able to play at his 2012 level which was one of his best seasons before the injury.

[url]http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/tight-end-heath-miller-has-no-answer-for-when-he-will-play-again-688732/[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 8467thekraken View Post
    Woodley taking some accountability, here, would be nice.
    But, i think he is. He's working this offseason, but, not because someone said he was out of shape. it's because he KNEW he was out of shape. Apparently, his own guilt (and lack of production) are his best sources of motivation this offseason... i don't really care what gets him going - as long as he gets going.

It doesn't hurt that the team took an OLB in the first... JJ could potentially be Wood's replacement if Worilds performs and Wood tanks again....

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    But, i think he is. He's working this offseason, but, not because someone said he was out of shape. it's because he KNEW he was out of shape. Apparently, his own guilt (and lack of production) are his best sources of motivation this offseason... i don't really care what gets him going - as long as he gets going.

It doesn't hurt that the team took an OLB in the first... JJ could potentially be Wood's replacement if Worilds performs and Wood tanks again....
    Some people won't be happy until they receive a personal apology...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Some people won't be happy until they receive a personal apology...
    He called me yesterday. Haven't you received your phone call yet?

Legend

User Info Menu

Either way, there appears to be no plans for the Steelers to think about finding Miller's successor. In addition to Spaeth, the Steelers also have second-year Logan Paulsonand David Johnson, who is recovering from his own knee issues. They are on the roster to provide depth.
    Logan Paulsen is a tight end for the Redskins.

David Paulson is a tight end for the Steelers.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Woodley needs to heed the words of a guy that's been there, done that. On Mike and Mike the other morning, Golic said emphatically, the season begins in the offseason. If you don't train and prepare then, you will be constantly behind in being game ready. This is especially true as a player ages. Woodley, I am afraid, doesnt get it.
    It's interesting that Golic's kid, even though he played RG last season at Notre Dame, has been lining up as a RT for us at OTA's. That means that he could be facing off against Woodley head-to-head quite a bit when the team heads to Latrobe.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben Roethlisberger has “no doubt” Heath Miller will play Week One
    Posted by Josh Alper on May 23, 2013, 12:20 PM EDT

Earlier this week, Steelers tight end Heath Miller said there was a “chance” he’d be able to play the entire 2013 season after tearing his ACL late last season but admitted there’s no timetable yet for his return to full activity.

“Yeah, I think it’s a little too early to say anything like that. It’s a long time before training camp, so that’s a long time to make gains positively or maybe even for something to happen negatively,” Miller said, via the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “So, I’m just taking one day at a time, and I hope to get better every day.”

Miller’s quarterback has a more optimistic take on the tight end’s recovery. During an appearance on WDVE on Thursday, Ben Roethlisberger said that he had “no doubt” that Miller would be on the field for the first week of the season and that his bigger concern is keeping Miller from doing too much too fast as he gets ready for the games to begin.

“The biggest thing is going to be trying to hold Heath back because I think he’s gonna want to get out there too soon,” Roethlisberger said. “I’m gonna fight to say ‘Heath, don’t play in any preseason games. Just get out there for the regular season.’”

The Steelers seem to be approaching things the same way as Roethlisberger. They didn’t draft a tight end in April and their only move of note at the position in free agency was bringing back Matt Spaeth, who has stuck in the NFL the last six years because of his skills as a blocker.
    [URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/23/ben-roethlisberger-has-no-doubt-heath-miller-will-play-week-one/[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Logan Paulsen is a tight end for the Redskins.

David Paulson is a tight end for the Steelers.
    I thought, "jeez, all this time, i'vehad his name wrong..."