Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can we stop with the we lose because "Art II is forcing us to run the ball"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    The reverse to Crotchery was the only surprise IMO.

Running 3 straight times.. that wasn't shocking... it it was sad... but it damn sure wasn't shocking. I even said it out loud.. if he runs here then you know we are in for a long night.

I was surprised by the fade too...just because we rarely do it with a tall WR.
    I am not talking about "halfback pass to QB" level surprise here Dizz.

The claim what made that play-calling was "predictable". Predictable means "I KNOW what to expect". Truth is that it was ANYTHING BUT predictable.

You get no gain and 1 yard on first and second down, you know full well you aren't "predicting" run on 3rd down and 9. The only way that would be "predictable" is for that to be what we typically do on 3rd and nine. It is not.

Dizz look at the plays. save for the end of the game when we were forced to pass, we called plays less predictably than most teams do.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    I am not talking about "halfback pass to QB" level surprise here Dizz.

The claim what made that play-calling was "predictable". Predictable means "I KNOW what to expect". Truth is that it was ANYTHING BUT predictable.

You get no gain and 1 yard on first and second down, you know full well you aren't "predicting" run on 3rd down and 9. The only way that would be "predictable" is for that to be what we typically do on 3rd and nine. It is not.

Dizz look at the plays. save for the end of the game when we were forced to pass, we called plays less predictably than most teams do.
    and we have scored 19 points total and have 75 rushing yard over 2 games.

Obviously its not that unpredictable.... I'm pretty sure teams are familiar with Haleys unpredictable play calling. We aren't catching anyone off guard or seeing players slip into the secondary uncovered.

Its run or pass, 50/50... I prefer plays that catch the D off guard... not Steeler fans.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    and we have scored 19 points total and have 75 rushing yard over 2 games.

Obviously its not that unpredictable.... I'm pretty sure teams are familiar with Haleys unpredictable play calling. We aren't catching anyone off guard or seeing players slip into the secondary uncovered.

Its run or pass, 50/50... I prefer plays that catch the D off guard... not Steeler fans.

If you dont "execute" predictability or lack thereof makes no difference Dizz.
    We dropped passes and missed throws.
    Our run game is pathetic because the PLAYERS are bad, not because they KNOW when we are going to run.

Dizz what happened on 1st and 10 Monday? There is NO PATTERN.

We ranked in scoring 9th under Cowher, the most predictable offense Ben has had. We ran better when EVERONE IN THE STADIUM knew what was coming on 1st and 10.

In contrast, in the last five years we have ranked:

Just cause you score dont mean you are "unpredictable" conversely you CAN be unpredictable but if you drop the pass, what does it matter?
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 09-20-2013 at 07:44 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher