Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pass Rush and Cushion

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Pass Rush and Cushion

I hope we improve in this going forward or in two weeks Brady will have Christmas early.....
    Did we get a sack yesterday cannot remember?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post
    I hope we improve in this going forward or in two weeks Brady will have Christmas early.....
    Did we get a sack yesterday cannot remember?
    The Jets defense made Tom Brady look very ordinary yesterday, completing less than 50% of passes and with a 5.0 YPA. The Jets did what the Steelers do best actually (or, should do best), prevent the big play and tackle. The Jets pass rush is a bit better than the Steelers, but overall I think the two defense are fairly even.

Of course, I'd love to see a pass rush that can apply more pressure than they have been and I'm fine with Ike in press coverage, not sure about Willie Gay, he isn't the fastest CB in the NFL.

I think Woodley had a sack and we gave up 3 or 4 to the Ravens, I think.

Pappy
    Last edited by papillon; 10-21-2013 at 08:19 AM.

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Pats WR's are young and there O isn't clicking...

Rookie

User Info Menu

There was pressure, but Flacco can move and throw on the run...can Brady?

Legend

User Info Menu

Yes, we had a sack.
    The cushion was still there.
    I remember on a 2nd and long, Ike had at least a 15 yard cushion on the top of the screen which was easily completed for a first.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Yes, we had a sack.
    The cushion was still there.
    I remember on a 2nd and long, Ike had at least a 15 yard cushion on the top of the screen which was easily completed for a first.
    That was on the Ravens game tying drive. LeBeau needs to cut it with the timid and scared play calling as the two-minute defense blows. You don't win games by "tackling the catch." The Steelers need to be aggressive on defense and start jumping pass routes. Right now, this defense can easily be dinked-and-dunked to death.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Well this week the Ravens dinked and dunked us for 16 points...not too bad really. Despite giving up a late TD for the tie, I still defer to St LeBeau.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzTo7 View Post
    That was on the Ravens game tying drive. LeBeau needs to cut it with the timid and scared play calling as the two-minute defense blows. You don't win games by "tackling the catch." The Steelers need to be aggressive on defense and start jumping pass routes. Right now, this defense can easily be dinked-and-dunked to death.
    Dinking and dunking is not as easy as it looks. Being to aggressive by jumping pass routes is an easy way to give up a quick 6 points. Offenses will eventually take advantage of over aggressiveness. Remember Chad Scott?

I believe that it's difficult to maintain TD scoring drives consistently without the aid of big plays. The Steelers coaches know it and choose to teach and preach that defensive philosophy to their defensive players.

Legend

User Info Menu

And that defensive philosophy is the reason why we can't generate an INT.

Legend

User Info Menu

I swear, some people will say anything and make any excuse rather than call a pig a pig. The pass rush SUCKS. There are 4 individual players with more sacks than the entire Steelers D. And a 5th that's tied. They are 31st with the winless Giants as the only team with less.

It doesn't make you a bad fan to say the pass rush to this point has been a complete failure.