2009-tied for 4
    2010-1
    2011-1
    Al Davis passes
    2012-19
    Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, try again Lemmo

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm fairly certain Roger Fuhrer personally hates Ben, Clark, and Harrison.

Weren't the Steelers the only team to vote against the new cba?
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Tatum's last season was in 1980
    Oakland rank for penalties per game over the last 10 years
    2003-1
    2004-16
    2005-1
    2006-3
    2007-2
    2008-4
    2009-tied for 4
    2010-1
    2011-1
    Al Davis passes
    2012-19
    Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, try again Lemmo
    Sooooooo, let me get tthiis right.
    Three different commissioners over the course. of 40 years have some kind of persecution pact against Davis. and his team.

Via some kind of Jedi mind trick they make literally hundreds of officials willing pawns in this scheme and NOBODY exposes this plot??

Or is it more reasonable too factor in the culture dirty play. and flat out cheating (the holy roller is classic Raiders).

"Just Win Baby" was Davis way of saying he doesn't. care what iit takes. Maim people, cheat, as long as you get away. with it good.

It would not surprise if Rozelle did not llike the man as Davis asserted. But he could never implement a league wide plan to go after Davis that involved so many people.. If word got out his legacy would be tarnished. Simply not worth it.

Raider fan wears silver helmets for a reason. No need for us too join that paranoia party

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

OK, gentleman. Welcome to your 2nd day of the NFL Officiating Training School. I hope you all had a chance to review the example tape of all the NFL Rule Infractions we provided yesterday. Any questions? In the back there, what's your name, Blackie Goldnowski? ... ok, his question is why do all the examples on the tape show Steelers committing the penalties? Hmm, good question, never noticed that. Let me send that question to Mr. Goodell, he put together the tape.

Anyway, it's probably just coincidence, we know you are all strong enough to be able to not let that affect your judgement on any calls in games the Steelers are actually playing in, right?

OK, just an announcement then: Mr. Goldnowski unexpectedly had to withdraw from the NFL Officiating Program. Any other questions?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

I won't be satisfied until calls that can significantly affect the momentum and outcome of a came can be REVIEWED or somehow limited.

It's RIDICULOUS that we got a 40+ yard Pass Interference penalty when Lewis presented a textbook example of how to defend a pass. There is no reason to get that call wrong. If an official has to decide that he saw something that DID NOT EXIST, then make that call reviewable. I prefer to make it reviewable but at a minimum, Pass interference should at least be limited. Penalizing a defense 40, 50, 60+ yards for barely touching a receiver is absurd.

It's also RIDICULOUS that we got a massive penalty on Clark for a helmet-to-helmet shot that DID NOT EXIST. Again, if an official - for whatever reason - decides to issue a penalty for something that DID NOT EXIST, then make that call reviewable.

I also think that teams should have unlimited challenges AS LONG AS the coach keeps getting them right. As soon as he gets a challenge wrong, then the team should have the same limitation on challenges that they do now.
    Last edited by Eich; 11-06-2012 at 09:44 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Well said Eich

And Lemmo, Im sure each commissioner was probably able to form their own opinions of Mr. Davis
    Who's right, who's wrong? We could go back and forth all day.
    Bottom line is Goodell is against the way the Steelers play football.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    I won't be satisfied until calls that can significantly affect the momentum and outcome of a came can be REVIEWED or somehow limited.

It's RIDICULOUS that we got a 40+ yard Pass Interference penalty when Lewis presented a textbook example of how to defend a pass. There is no reason to get that call wrong. If an official has to decide that he saw something that DID NOT EXIST, then make that call reviewable. I prefer to make it reviewable but at a minimum, Pass interference should at least be limited. Penalizing a defense 40, 50, 60+ yards for barely touching a receiver is absurd.

It's also RIDICULOUS that we got a massive penalty on Clark for a helmet-to-helmet shot that DID NOT EXIST. Again, if an official - for whatever reason - decides to issue a penalty for something that DID NOT EXIST, then make that call reviewable.

I also think that teams should have unlimited challenges AS LONG AS the coach keeps getting them right. As soon as he gets a challenge wrong, then the team should have the same limitation on challenges that they do now.
    Agree completely

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Well said Eich

And Lemmo, Im sure each commissioner was probably able to form their own opinions of Mr. Davis
    Who's right, who's wrong? We could go back and forth all day.
    Bottom line is Goodell is against the way the Steelers play football.
    I can go with that.....the way "a few" Steelers play football. It aint about the team per se.

When the rule change happened is you asked what do you think of when you think of Ryan Clark? What does his highlight film look like? A couple of plays on the ball and a couple dozen big hits.
    Look at a Troy highlight film and you see all manner of amazing plays and it aint just blowing people up.

Harrison's highlights might be more rounded but the dude knocks two guys out in seven stinkin minutes of one game.

Nobody is a bigger JH fan then me. Search my name and Harrison and I will tell you that I hold a healthy JH in LT category great.
    But the way he use to routinely lower the boom is the issue. It aint the uni its the player.

Woodley gets no such heat from the league.

Goodell's got no problem with Troy

TCFCLTC-

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    I can go with that.....the way "a few" Steelers play football. It aint about the team per se.

When the rule change happened is you asked what do you think of when you think of Ryan Clark? What does his highlight film look like? A couple of plays on the ball and a couple dozen big hits.
    Look at a Troy highlight film and you see all manner of amazing plays and it aint just blowing people up.

Harrison's highlights might be more rounded but the dude knocks two guys out in seven stinkin minutes of one game.

Nobody is a bigger JH fan then me. Search my name and Harrison and I will tell you that I hold a healthy JH in LT category great.
    But the way he use to routinely lower the boom is the issue. It aint the uni its the player.

Woodley gets no such heat from the league.

Goodell's got no problem with Troy
    Woodley and Troy don't hit like Harrison (IMO and I don't mean illegally), Harrison and Clark try to hit a player as hard as they possibly can. The new target that these guys have to try hit is miniscule and as soon as a receiver, RB or any other player see JH or RC coming they protect themselves (and rightfully so) which makes the target even smaller and nearly impossible to hit in a fashion that is acceptable to today's NFL.

Although the hit on Victor Cruz was clean, couldn't he be considered defenseless in that scenario? And, Clark let him have it and that isn't acceptable any longer. It was the power of the hit that caused the penalty, the referee didn't care whether it was helmet to helmet or not, it was too hard.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

And if the tipped ball would've popped into Mr. Cruzs' hands?