Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ben Again Being Ripped in Media

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben Again Being Ripped in Media

"lack of film study".... "no progress in his game"..... "talent and athleticism only gets so far in the NFL"....

we've heard these stories before and it's strange they are once again popping up..... maybe some truth? if you are generally frustrated with your offense, do you really want to put the time in? something is gonna have to give by season's end especially if lack of wins continue pile up. In the end, it's on Ben AND Haley.... both gotta own the offense.. both gotta make it work or one will move on...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    "lack of film study".... "no progress in his game"..... "talent and athleticism only gets so far in the NFL"....

we've heard these stories before and it's strange they are once again popping up..... maybe some truth? if you are generally frustrated with your offense, do you really want to put the time in? something is gonna have to give by season's end especially if lack of wins continue pile up. In the end, it's on Ben AND Haley.... both gotta own the offense.. both gotta make it work or one will move on...
    Can we get a link or reference? LOL...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Can we get a link or reference? LOL...
    for one... on Colin Cowherd today.... (and of course, Ian R last night on NFLnetwork)... (wonder if Ben is putting Ian up to all of this....Ben ain't beyond manipulating the media)...

Legend

User Info Menu

Cowherd is a huge Steelers hater and still cries about the Seattle Super Bowl. Ian R quotes dubious (at best) sources and isn't wrting from NFL.com next season. Who cares what he thinks.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Cowherd is a huge Steelers hater and still cries about the Seattle Super Bowl. Ian R quotes dubious (at best) sources and isn't wrting from NFL.com next season. Who cares what he thinks.
    yep... they have to talk about something...might as well hit up a popular team to get some pub

Legend

User Info Menu

"When this stuff first came out after the game, I went to Mr. Rooney and Art Rooney and said, 'Listen, I hope you guys know that none of this is coming from me. I don't know where it's coming from.' I think they knew that. I just wanted them to hear that directly from me," Roethlisberger said.
    "Both of them said to me, 'Ben, this is ridiculous. It's not from us. We would never think about getting rid of you.' I don't know if it's necessary to go to them [again] because I believe what they told me last week."

[URL]http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9980185/ben-roethlisberger-reiterates-commitment-pittsburgh-steelers[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    yep... they have to talk about something...might as well hit up a popular team to get some pub
    This. It's what the media does these days. They're not interested in reporting truth. They're interesting in attracting eyes & ears. The Steelers are one of the most popular teams in the league and they suck so far this year. So, how do you attract eyes and ears when the team is playing awful?.....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    This. It's what the media does these days. They're not interested in reporting truth. They're interesting in attracting eyes & ears. The Steelers are one of the most popular teams in the league and they suck so far this year. So, how do you attract eyes and ears when the team is playing awful?.....
    stir it up.. now Ian is on everyone's lips and he can go on a few interviews and show them a paper trail of internet clicks.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Cowherd isn't a Steelers hater. He constantly identifies the Steelers as an organization that does things the right way and one of the elite in the NFL.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

This is all just part of kicking a team when it is down. The Steelers right now are easy pickings because they have been so bad so every two-bit sports reporters is going to "invent" something and see how much run his story gets.

This gets no traction if the Steelers are .500 or above but it is easy to go after a team that has been on top for so long now that you can kick them while they are down.

If it doesn't come out of the Southside or a Steelers "insider" why would anyone believe it?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"