Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Ike The Problem According to Cowher

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Not trying to be rude but you need to shut up. You aren't making any sense as at all.. you ask for a list and now you want highlights? What next, sound effects?

Ike isn't starting on half the teams in the NFL. He can run fast but he is horrible in coverage and THE WORST ball hawk in the NFL. He is top 25... he was top 10 when JH, Troy and Woodley were getting tons of pressure...

The NY Giants secondary goes from worst to top 10 when their front 4 are healthy.
    Shut up? How rude. Why didnt I supply highlights? Isnt it only fair? Anyone could submit a list. I want to know WHY someone is better. If you cant supply that then be quiet. If he isnt starting on half the teams then list those teams and tell me why those cbs are better. Is that so hard?

Some of you debate just to debate and supply no substance to substantiate that debate. That wont fly with me so I get why you guys dont like me. Sniff Sniff

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    just like your assertion that Ike is a Top-10 CB is not proof of anything...

btw, have you had a chance to watch last year's playoff loss to Denver and this past game against Tennessee yet? if you watch those games and Ike's performance in particular that might help you to better understand why Ike is not a Top-10 CB.
    You quoted two games. I posted NINE YEARS of inept games for our quarterback. BY YOUR STANDARD we should bench Ben. I'm his harshest critic but not once have I EVER said "Bench Ben". So let me get this right. Ben can screw up in EVERY SUPER BOWL and 80% of every tough game (Vs an elite D) and he shouldnt have any penalties.

But Ike Taylor should. Yep. I get it WOW

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    You quoted two games. I posted NINE YEARS of inept games for our quarterback. BY YOUR STANDARD we should bench Ben. I'm his harshest critic but not once have I EVER said "Bench Ben". So let me get this right. Ben can screw up in EVERY SUPER BOWL and 80% of every tough game (Vs an elite D) and he shouldnt have any penalties.

But Ike Taylor should. Yep. I get it WOW
    don't try to change the subject, I'm not talking about Ben.

I'm refuting your assertion that Ike is a Top-10 CB right now, and if you have watched his most recent games it is crystal clear that Ike is definitely not in that elite group.

how much would you like to bet that my opinion is shared by those that vote for the All-Pro and Pro Bowl teams? Ike isn't making any of those teams because his play lately has been below the line of a good CB, never mind that of a Top 10 CB.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Based on what? How much have you seen the other corners? Do watch them while the Steelers are playing? Please provide some game highlights that set them above Ike. Anyone can list a list of guys but can you provide some substance behind your claims?

Ike Taylor is a STARTER for EVERY NFL Team except the NY. Jets. THAT proves my point that he is top 10. I rest my case UNLESS someone can tell me a team OTHER than the Jets that he doesnt start on
    That's all you've got???

Unbelievable.

YOU'RE the one who's stating Ike is top 10...I would say the burden is on YOU to give the characteristics and statistics--and game highlights, if you want--that show that, as he is currently performing, Ike is top 10. You can't do it.
    BTW, I could turn your argument back on YOU...how much do YOU watch the other league corners? Please provide some game analysis--and video, if you would like--to prove your assertion that, as he's playing right now, Ike is a top 10 CB.

And even if he could start for every NFL team except the Jets, how does that prove he is top 10? You may want to do the math...there are 32 teams in the NFL, last time I checked. That's 64 possible starting CB positions. That means there are 54 CB's starting in the NFL that aren't top 10.

Lesson over.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    That's all you've got???

Unbelievable.

YOU'RE the one who's stating Ike is top 10...I would say the burden is on YOU to give the characteristics and statistics--and game highlights, if you want--that show that, as he is currently performing, Ike is top 10. You can't do it.
    BTW, I could turn your argument back on YOU...how much do YOU watch the other league corners? Please provide some game analysis--and video, if you would like--to prove your assertion that, as he's playing right now, Ike is a top 10 CB.

And even if he could start for every NFL team except the Jets, how does that prove he is top 10? You may want to do the math...there are 32 teams in the NFL, last time I checked. That's 64 possible starting CB positions. That means there are 54 CB's starting in the NFL that aren't top 10.

Lesson over.

$$$$
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Shut up? How rude. Why didnt I supply highlights? Isnt it only fair? Anyone could submit a list. I want to know WHY someone is better. If you cant supply that then be quiet. If he isnt starting on half the teams then list those teams and tell me why those cbs are better. Is that so hard?

Some of you debate just to debate and supply no substance to substantiate that debate. That wont fly with me so I get why you guys dont like me. Sniff Sniff
    You sound like a chick...

apologies to all the real chicks on PS.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Well, hopefully Ike gets it together against AJ on Sunday. He's the biggest weapon the Bengals have.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers Notebook: CB Ike Taylor making a case for himself

By Chris Adamski | CBSSports.com
    October 17, 2012

Steelers CB Mike Taylor answered his critics Wednesday, saying "Look at the stats." But the stats show that he is being victimized often by opposing offenses.

CB Ike Taylor has become the whipping boy for the Steelers' upset loss at Tennessee last Thursday.

The 10-year veteran is now out to make a case for himself.

Tuesday, Taylor went on his own show on Trib Live Radio and implored observers to "look at the stats," referring to the fact the Steelers rank fifth in the league in total defense and fourth in passing defense.

But according to more advanced statistics compiled by Pro Football Focus and the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Taylor is being victimized this season by opposing passing offenses.

According to the Tribune-Review, Taylor allowed eight catches by four different receivers and gave up 115 yards and a touchdown, and was targeted 15 times against the Titans. It was the most catches Taylor has allowed in 39 games.

The Trib said Taylor had been targeted 44 times in five games after being targeted 24 times and allowing only three receptions for 24 yards and no touchdowns through five games last season.

Taylor acknowledged that teams are coming after him now.

"It's going to be like that -- they're going to try me," he said. "Why wouldn't you? ... I've got 10 years of tape, so of course going into the game I know that's going to happen. What I've got to do is hold it down."

Taylor has quite the challenge this week inBengals' No. 1 WR A.J. Green. Taylor calls Green "a top-three receiver" in the league and said he would likely be shadowing him Sunday night in Cincinnati. Taylor also said he won't be asking for -- or expecting -- safety help.

Taylor was drafted in 2003, and since Mike Tomlin became coach in 2007, Taylor has usually been assigned to play "on an island" against every opponent's top receiver.

On a conference call with Pittsburgh reporters, Bengal QB Andy Dalton said he expected Taylor to follow Green.

"That's a challenge I want every week, regardless of who we're playing," Taylor said.

[URL]http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nfl-rapidreports/20583842/steelers-notebook-ike-taylor-is-out-to-make-a-case-for-himself[/URL]

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The one thing Taylor could try to do is stop BLATANTLY grabbing, and interfering on most plays. I think that is the main reason he is being targeted, because they know even if they don't complete the pass, there is a good chance they will draw a flag. An inteference penalty is every bit as good as a long completion. I don't think smarts is Taylors long suit, but he is a long time vet. He should be very aware that you can't aggressively hold and hand check beyond the 5-yards. The coaches should be emphasizing that point to him.

Backup

User Info Menu

I think that article sums up nicely....exactly what ive been saying all along. Straight from Ike himself.
    [URL="http://famousfatdave.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/GodfatherIIClemenza.jpg"][/URL]