Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Jarvis Jones is a turtle

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I haven't watched his tape, but I know that Wexell was very unimpressed with his tape as well. From what I've read on Moore, I don't want him at 17, and I'm not sure that I'd want him in the second, either.
    did a quick youtube search on him... came away thinking, "no freaking way this is the guy... these are HIGHLIGHTS and it's the best they got? 'Zo Jackson all over again!" Seemed to get a high number of coverage sacks.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Legend

User Info Menu

Based on all the information that I am reading here and how unimpressive this draft is after the top 10-12 picks and the many Steeler needs I'm hoping they can formulate some type of trade back scenario and get an extra pick in the 2ns or 3rd round. No one seems to be impressed with any players other than the ones that are certain to be drafted in the top 10 picks or so.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Too much risk taking an OLB "who has to be converted and developed" for LeBeau's defense at #17. None of these guys are sure things so if you have to develop them get them later.

Go with the sure thing in TE Tyler Eifert.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Too much risk taking an OLB "who has to be converted and developed" for LeBeau's defense at #17. None of these guys are sure things so if you have to develop them get them later.

Go with the sure thing in TE Tyler Eifert.
    Jones is a pre-combine top 5 pick by many... If he's there at 17, you just take him and move on... no converting - he's already a linebacker. No sense in taking a backup TE...

2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    Jones is a pre-combine top 5 pick by many... If he's there at 17, you just take him and move on... no converting - he's already a linebacker. No sense in taking a backup TE...
    A backup TE wasn't suggested. Eifert was and he would start day one with Heath on the sidelines. I don't think Spaeth would beat him out in camp.

Legend

User Info Menu

Jones is a pre-combine top 5 pick by many... If he's there at 17, you just take him and move on... no converting - he's already a linebacker.
    I agree.

what Jarvis Jones does best is rush the passer, something the Steelers defense is predicated upon.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

did a quick youtube search on him... came away thinking, "no freaking way this is the guy... these are HIGHLIGHTS and it's the best they got? 'Zo Jackson all over again!" Seemed to get a high number of coverage sacks.
    Ok, Chadman understands what you are saying from the highlights clips on youtube. But there are a few things to consider about the difference between Jones & Moore:

Jones was on a stacked defense, with several prospects predicted to be top 3 round picks, while there are 0 prospects outside of Moore from Texas A&M. Moore was the lone star player on the Aggies defense, which one would assume means he'd face consistantly tougher blocking on an individual basis than Jones.

Moore's sacks came mostly against top-tier teams, with sacks against strong O-Lines like Alabama, LSU & Mississippi St.

The variety of moves Moore uses is far more diverse than most of the other top pass rushers who predominantly use outside speed rushing. Only Mingo is close, statistically, to Moore for QB sacks from moves going inside the Tackles.

Moore is 20 years old. 20. The Steelers value these young players highly.

Check out this article- interesting reading:

[URL]http://secondroundstats.com/2013/02/27/pass-rushers-pt1/[/URL]
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    A backup TE wasn't suggested. Eifert was and he would start day one with Heath on the sidelines. I don't think Spaeth would beat him out in camp.
    so, heath is the most subpar of the 22 starters?

2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Ok, Chadman understands what you are saying from the highlights clips on youtube. But there are a few things to consider about the difference between Jones & Moore:

Jones was on a stacked defense, with several prospects predicted to be top 3 round picks, while there are 0 prospects outside of Moore from Texas A&M. Moore was the lone star player on the Aggies defense, which one would assume means he'd face consistantly tougher blocking on an individual basis than Jones.

Moore's sacks came mostly against top-tier teams, with sacks against strong O-Lines like Alabama, LSU & Mississippi St.

The variety of moves Moore uses is far more diverse than most of the other top pass rushers who predominantly use outside speed rushing. Only Mingo is close, statistically, to Moore for QB sacks from moves going inside the Tackles.

Moore is 20 years old. 20. The Steelers value these young players highly.

Check out this article- interesting reading:

[URL]http://secondroundstats.com/2013/02/27/pass-rushers-pt1/[/URL]
    Nice article, interesting breakdown... By those stats, Okafor sounds like the best of the best... what's more fascinating, is i'm pretty sure he was also a 4.9 guy...

2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

so, heath is the most subpar of the 22 starters?
    He is when he's in the training room rehabbing a gimpy leg. Unless he's not as good as advertised or Spaeth has dramatically improved, Eifert starts game #1.