Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mingo or Jones?

Backup

User Info Menu

If we had drafted Mingo I would not be relaxed...
    Steeler Nation in Spain

Legend

User Info Menu

The Browns REALLY should have traded back with St. Louis if they were smart. Luckily, they are not smart, so we benefit. Then they could have re-couped the 2nd round pick they gave up in last year's supplemental draft, plus gained an extra 7th round pick. Buffalo used those picks to take ILB Kiko Alonso and TE Chris Gragg. Would the Browns be better off with Mingo, or with Jones, Alonso, and Gragg?

Actually, looking at who was available with the pick Buffalo got from the Rams, Cleveland could have taken a better CB prospect to start opposite Haden than Leon McFadden who they picked in the 3rd round (Jamar Taylor and David Amerson were both available), and then they could have used their 3rd round pick on BPA instead of reaching to fill a need at corner (WR Keenan Allen was available where they were picking in round 3; think he'd be helpful on their roster to team up with Josh Gordan and Greg Little?).

Just think...the Browns could have had OLB Jarvis Jones, CB Jamar Taylor, and WR Keenan Allen if they made that trade (plus, they would have screwed us out of the guy we wanted in round 1)...instead they got OLB Barkevious Mingo and CB Leon McFadden (and we got Jarvis Jones). Cleveland sucks. I'm certainly glad they do.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    The Browns REALLY should have traded back with St. Louis if they were smart. Luckily, they are not smart, so we benefit. Then they could have re-couped the 2nd round pick they gave up in last year's supplemental draft, plus gained an extra 7th round pick. Buffalo used those picks to take ILB Kiko Alonso and TE Chris Gragg. Would the Browns be better off with Mingo, or with Jones, Alonso, and Gragg?

Actually, looking at who was available with the pick Buffalo got from the Rams, Cleveland could have taken a better CB prospect to start opposite Haden than Leon McFadden who they picked in the 3rd round (Jamar Taylor and David Amerson were both available), and then they could have used their 3rd round pick on BPA instead of reaching to fill a need at corner (WR Keenan Allen was available where they were picking in round 3; think he'd be helpful on their roster to team up with Josh Gordan and Greg Little?).

Just think...the Browns could have had OLB Jarvis Jones, CB Jamar Taylor, and WR Keenan Allen if they made that trade (plus, they would have screwed us out of the guy we wanted in round 1)...instead they got OLB Barkevious Mingo and CB Leon McFadden (and we got Jarvis Jones). Cleveland sucks. I'm certainly glad they do.
    If they did that, they are not selecting almost every year in the Top 10 and they would not be the Cleveland Browns.
    Steeler Nation in Spain

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post

I'm glad we have you in the wings for when Colbert is done.

Legend

User Info Menu

This is every snap against Florida. Impressive

2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    This is every snap against Florida. Impressive

As the days go on I´m more happy we take this guy.
    Steeler Nation in Spain

Legend

User Info Menu

Barkevious Mingo says his playing weight is 'just fine'

By Dan Hanzus
    Around the League Writer
    Published: May 11, 2013

Barkevious Mingo was drafted by the Cleveland Browns to bring fire off the edge on defense.

Mingo certainly has the tools to thrive at the next level, but is his size an issue?

Mingo's first meeting with reporters at rookie minicamp became an in-depth Q-and-A about his diet. There's a belief that Mingo needs to add some bulk to his frame to keep from getting bullied in the NFL.

"Naw, I think I'm just fine the way I am," he told Cleveland reporters, according to ESPN.com.

Mingo is listed at 6-foot-4, 240 pounds, a size not dissimilar to Dion Jordan, the 6-6, 248-pound defensive end taken No. 3 overall by the Miami Dolphins.

Browns coach Rob Chudzinski said the team hasn't settled on a weight they'd like Mingo to play at. He dismissed the notion Mingo needs to add 15-20 pounds to his frame.

"Different guys have different body types and different weights that they play the best at," Chudzinski said. "You look at guys from Jason Taylor (who played at 6-6, 244 pounds) all the way to some of the bigger guys. Really, it's a matter of getting them in here, spending some time with (strength) coach (Brad) Roll and bringing them up to speed. All those things will work themselves out."

Pairing Mingo with free-agent signing Paul Kruger gives the Browns some serious potential in their base pass rush. If Mingo is an instant contributor, the Browns' defense on the whole could become a story in 2013.

[URL]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000168905/article/barkevious-mingo-says-his-playing-weight-is-just-fine[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Another way to look at it was Mingo was on a loaded team so he should have had more opportunities because JJ was the man that had to be accounted for in his team's defense.