Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Jags take so much crap for attendance....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    Meanwhile, Steelers season ticket holders who didn't want to go couldn't give their tickets away. In other words, a bunch of supposedly hard-core, die-hard, badass Steeler fans didn't even want to go for free. Spoiled ****ing rotten brats.
    How dare hard-core die-hard fans watch the game at home... the nerve.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    How dare hard-core die-hard fans watch the game at home... the nerve.
    I'll admit it. I declined to drive across the state this year when the forecast called for some sort of objectionable mix of winter weather. Revoke my fan card!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    Another perspective: If Pittsburgh banks, corporations like Heinz, PPG, and the many other corporations located here bought up big blocs of tickets and sold them at cut-rate prices or gave them away at schools, they'd fill the aisles...except maybe in terrible weather, which Jacksonville doesn't have to contend with. Ah yes, weather. Still another perspective, hey sick beats?
    Ah, the old moving of the goal posts after you didn't like how the facts piled up with the other assertion (J ville is a bigger city than is Pgh). Does 747 sq. miles compare to 58 sq. miles? Anyone believing the J-ville town is larger than Pgh, in terms of the true size of the cities, has obviously never been to both towns. Oh, and weather? Have you ever been to a 1 PM game when it's 96 degrees with the sun blaring down? Now tell me how desirous that weather is, hey Robin Cole?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Ah, Moving of the goal posts after you didn't like how the facts piled up with the other assertion (J ville is a bigger city than is Pgh). Does 747 sq. miles compare to 58 sq. miles? Anyone believing the J-ville town is larger than Pgh, in terms of the true size of the cities, has obviously never been to both towns. Oh, and weather? Have you ever been to a 1 PM game when it's 96 degrees with the sun blaring down? Now tell me how desirous that weather is, hey Robin Cole?
    Let's get back to your original contention. That somehow the bigger attendance in a bigger stadium mean something I'm relation to the 20 year waiting period for tickets.

They are not in any way related. What is your point?

You KNOW Jville has to give away tickets to get their attendance yet don't mention it until someone else brings it up?

When you bring up record and BRAG that your team (yes I said it you act like a Browns fan) has higher attendance while deliberately leave out the givaways it comes off as troll behavior.

Like I said before you can fill ANY stadium if you giveaway tickets. Implying that there is any comparison is simply disingenuous.

I have NO DOUBT WHATSOEVER the burgh could fill Hines TWICE on any given week if we had double the capacity and GAVE SEATS AWAY.

Some of your criticisms seemed reasonable but now I am calling you out as trolling. Its pretty obvious.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Last edited by Captain Lemming; 05-20-2014 at 02:46 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The cheapest ticket for the Steelers first home game of the season on Stubhub is $120.00 while the cheapest ticket for the Jaguars first home game of the season on Stubhub is $70.00.

$70 on the secondary market is still cheaper than any face value Steeler ticket. I'm no mathematician, but it's as simple as supply and demand.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts View Post
    The cheapest ticket for the Steelers first home game of the season on Stubhub is $120.00 while the cheapest ticket for the Jaguars first home game of the season on Stubhub is $70.00.

$70 on the secondary market is still cheaper than any face value Steeler ticket. I'm no mathematician, but it's as simple as supply and demand.
    Money post.......literally.

TCFCLTC-

Backup

User Info Menu

I have NO DOUBT WHATSOEVER the burgh could fill Hines TWICE on any given week if we had double the capacity and GAVE SEATS AWAY.

You are completely wrong. Last season I couldn't go to the Bengals gane on December 15, so I sold my three tickets in an eBay auction. The winning bid was $86 for all three, not per ticket. After various fees I got $25 per ticket. Luckily I was able to use the tickets for the last game of the season against the Browns, because it didn't appear to me that you could give those tickets away. Steelers fans are no different thatn any other fans, when things are going good they jump on the bandwagon, and when things go south they jump off.

Legend

User Info Menu

anyone notice that the steelers had the 5th lowest percentage of fans showing up, based on attendance /capacity?
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Yes, sick troll, I've been to early season games in Tampa AND Pittsburgh - - yes, Pittsburgh - - when the temperature was uncomfortably hot. Not quite as bad as battling snow and ice just to get to the stadium, walking across the bridge in a brutal wind and then shivering in the upper deck for three+ hours. Then getting back to the car, etc.

Talk about moving the goal posts. What was your point with this thread anyway?

I repeat: You don't like the team, the fans, the city, go root for whatever you DO like.