Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How I think this plays out...

Legend

User Info Menu

How I think this plays out...

After the combine, and some recent "insider" information floating around, I'm ready to put together my board. Now mind you, it's not the board I would put together but how I believe the Steelers board looks currently.

1) Khalil Mack
    2) Jadeveon Clowney
    3) Sammy Watkins
    4) Teddy Bridgewater
    5) Anthony Barr
    6) Greg Robinson
    7) Jake Matthews
    Mike Evans
    9) CJ Mosley
    10) Darqueze Dennard
    11) Justin Gilbert
    12) Eric Ebron
    13) Calvin Pryor
    14) Hasean Clinton-Dix
    15) Aaron Donald
    16) Marquise Lee
    17) Timmy Jernigan
    1 Kelvin Benjamin
    19) Blake Bortles
    20) Cyrus Kouandjio
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Is this how you think the Steelers would draft? So, if Bridgewater falls to 15, and none of Watkins, Clowney, or Mack do, that Teddy B. is the choice?

Legend

User Info Menu

why would the steelers have qbs on their list?
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Cyrus K has a bum knee and terrible workouts. No way is that guy considered top 20 anymore.

Why Bridgewater all the way at 4 and Bortles not til 15?

Why not until 6 and 7 for the first Olinemen?

Legend

User Info Menu

they have to RANK the players, regardless of need. it helps them determine what they expect to be available, etc. doesn't necessarily mean they'll take them.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Early April Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.84 -Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia
    3.98 -<tbd>
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Is this how you think the Steelers would draft? So, if Bridgewater falls to 15, and none of Watkins, Clowney, or Mack do, that Teddy B. is the choice?
    Yes, this is how I believe the Steelers would draft. While QB isn't a need this season. To pass on a talent like Bridgewater if he fell to 15 would be ignorant. While I like Manziel better, I doubt he is even on the Steelers board.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    Cyrus K has a bum knee and terrible workouts. No way is that guy considered top 20 anymore.

Why Bridgewater all the way at 4 and Bortles not til 15?

Why not until 6 and 7 for the first Olinemen?
    I believe Bridgewater to be heads above Bortles who in my opinion has the ceiling of Flacco. Bridgewater's only knock is his build. He is tall enough, has the arm and accuracy to make all the throws, and he has a very high football IQ, processing reads better than just about any QB we have seen in recent years.

Some of you act as if Ben will play forever. And who knows when we will be drafting this high again. If your QB is 31, has taken as many hits as Ben...and you are looking at a franchise QB that slipped. You take him.

PS-CBS post combine has Cyrus at 24. And the OLmen listed IMO are about on par with the talent around them in those slots. Meaning the Steelers will have need factored into their board.
    Last edited by Shawn; 03-03-2014 at 05:03 PM.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    they have to RANK the players, regardless of need. it helps them determine what they expect to be available, etc. doesn't necessarily mean they'll take them.
    i believe this is incorrect. No player has to be on a draft board (even if he is a top ten talent). Now, in the internal mock drafts the Steelers do, Bridgewater would be included.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I recommend that you all re-read this post by Lance Zierlein from a few years ago, before you start deciding on how you are stacking the Steelers board.

[URL="http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1128814-lance-zierlein-shows-the-steelers-way-and-how-draft-boards-are-put-together"]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1128814-lance-zierlein-shows-the-steelers-way-and-how-draft-boards-are-put-together

The reality is, however, that you would be blown away if you found out just how differently a team's draft board may look from what you are used to seeing on draft sites.

[/URL]
    Last edited by pfelix73; 03-03-2014 at 08:44 PM.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Yes, this is how I believe the Steelers would draft. While QB isn't a need this season. To pass on a talent like Bridgewater if he fell to 15 would be ignorant. While I like Manziel better, I doubt he is even on the Steelers board.
    No.. Read the article that Lance Zierlein put together a few years ago explaining how the Steelers conduct their draft board. All of those QB's Manziel, Bridgewater, Bortles, will not be on their final draft board when they stack the boards.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion