Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: wide receivers at combine

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Brown is not an X.
    Didn't Brown play X the year he put up the big numbers?

Regardless, give me Swope.
    @_Hellgrammite

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Antonio Brown is more than fast enough to be the X in the Steelers offense...
    Can't agree... I really like Brown's all around ability but he's not Mike Wallace. Wallace is comparable to a young Randy Moss as far as his deep threat capabilities are concerned. Speed kills. He has the speed to just blow by defenders and the ability to catch 50+ yard bombs in full stride and make it look easy... That is what was so maddening about some of Wallaces drops on shorter routes last year...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Didn't Brown play X the year he put up the big numbers?

Regardless, give me Swope.
    Wallace was on the field. When Wallace leaves it will be a different flavor on the field. Without Wallace or a true X, DCs will defend horizontal.

Brown can be highly productive inside working off the hash. That is where he belongs...Working under the X or opposite. Brown outisde doesn't force a S to the hash...He plays CF.

Legend

User Info Menu

I hope that some good times from some of the smaller guys pushes a big guy down to the Steelers, maybe in the second. A tall, fast WR would be great, but I would sacrifice a bit on speed to find a big WR that presents matchup difficulties and that compliments Brown.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Stedman Bailey is IMO the best receiver in the draft if you are looking for an outside receiver. He doesn't have the blazing speed but he has great body control and catches everything thrown at him. He understands how to run routes as well. Tavon Austin is the best play maker in the draft but he is not an outside receiver. Put him in our system in place of Rainey and watch the points go up.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
    Can't agree... I really like Brown's all around ability but he's not Mike Wallace. Wallace is comparable to a young Randy Moss as far as his deep threat capabilities are concerned. Speed kills. He has the speed to just blow by defenders and the ability to catch 50+ yard bombs in full stride and make it look easy... That is what was so maddening about some of Wallaces drops on shorter routes last year...
    How dare you... Moss had a rookie season for the ages. Wallace is fast but that's all he is.. if the ball isn't perfect he has a 5% chance of catching the ball. He had 2 amazing catches in his career that I can think of. The GB game winner and the ball that he high pointed and somehow kept both feet in the endzone.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Still think Hopkins may be the best WR is this draft.

Very productive in college

Good size 6'1+

Great Hands. Mayock said he probably has the best hands in the draft. He made a great catch on a very low pass at the combine.

He FIGHTS for the ball and catches it at it's HIGHEST point with this hands (not his body) <---- Something Mike Wallace could learn from

Decent (not great) speed 4.5 flat.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
    Comparing Wallace to Moss is laughable. Moss had everything a WR needs to have: High pointing the ball, strength to fight through defenders, body control, etc. Wallace can't hold Moss's jock
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

2005 Superbowl winning receivers: Hines Ward, Antwan Randle-El, Cedrick Wilson.

Just saying.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    2005 Superbowl winning receivers: Hines Ward, Antwan Randle-El, Cedrick Wilson.

Just saying.
    And it took a trick play from El to Ward to put it away...Just saying.