Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: One big Steelers blunder: Kraig Urbik

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    This proves what? That he doesn't need a good o-line? Or he's doing it by himself? This is the most asinine argument that can be made. Unbelievable.
    It proves a great running back makes an OL look great...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Not only do the Bills run the ball effectively. They're also at the top of the league in fewest sacks allowed
    Fitzpatrick has 15 INT's and 7 fumbles.. Fitzpatrick isn't afraid to chuck it but he is afraid of being hit. I've watched a game or 2 and he tosses the ball anytime he is pressured.

Don't get me wrong... I wish Ben would chuck a few more instead of taking the sack but it's not his style.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'm not going to be to tough on them for ditching Urbik; if you recall he had cinder blocks for feet when he was here. He was very un-athletic to the point of barely being able to move.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

****, he has been for the Bills. Have you seen the way they run the ball?
    Yep..and same thing with Kevin Zeitler of the Bengals (first year starter), I had a post last year with you tube clips showing him manhandling people and all I heard was he cant be good because he plays at the same university as Kraig Urbik did.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Not only do the Bills run the ball effectively. They're also at the top of the league in fewest sacks allowed
    Not really. There are 13 teams that have allowed fewer sacks this year than Buffalo...

Buffalo has given up 28 sacks while the Steelers have given up 31...it's not a big difference at all...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Not really. There are 13 teams that have allowed fewer sacks this year than Buffalo...

Buffalo has given up 28 sacks while the Steelers have given up 31...it's not a big difference at all...
    Yeah, but what are their rushing numbers? Oh, I forgot it was all Spiiiiiiiiiiilllllllllllllllllllllllller!

Steelers have that few of sacks because Ben missed 3 games and offense is designed for short quick throws. Not so for the Bills.

If we had their rushing ability with Big Ben, we would be fighting for a bye right now.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Yeah, but what are their rushing numbers? Oh, I forgot it was all Spiiiiiiiiiiilllllllllllllllllllllllller!

Steelers have that few of sacks because Ben missed 3 games and offense is designed for short quick throws. Not so for the Bills.

If we had their rushing ability with Big Ben, we would be fighting for a bye right now.
    Ben averages .7 yards more per attempt than Ryan Fitzpatrick...per attempt!!!

Spiller and Jackson have rushed for almost 4200 yards combined over the last three years and they still have two more games...

What about our top 2 backs?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Ben averages .7 yards more per attempt than Ryan Fitzpatrick...per attempt!!!

Spiller and Jackson have rushed for almost 4200 yards combined over the last three years and they still have two more games...

What about our top 2 backs?
    Average per attempt means ****. Thats a QB thing, not how the offense is designed. Bills offense is a mid to deep passing offense. Fitzpatrick is just ****. Can't even compare them.

Steelers are a short to intermediate passing team.

And again I'll ask you: The Offensive line has nothing to do with their running success? It's all Jackson/Spiller.

That's just laughable.

Is it that hard to admit that the Steelers blundered and gave up on Urbik too soon? He has developed into a starting caliber guard in the NFL. Your saying we couldn't have used that this year?
    Last edited by BigRob; 12-18-2012 at 04:25 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

urbik would be no better than a back up here. He couldn't beat out foster then and he couldn't beat out foster now.

I would take him over legursky in a heartbeat though.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    It proves a great running back makes an OL look great...
    Dwyer made this OL look good for a few games, and then I don't know what happened after that.