Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ravens to Interview RB's Coach Kirby Wilson for OC Position

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I wonder if Munchak's hiring has something to do with this...perhaps their run-game philosophies don't mesh?

Or maybe the Team said they wouldn't stand in his way but that in going for the brass ring he'd need to move on...
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm just glad he's not going to the Ravens! While Bell is good, it has to be pretty cool to get to work with an all-time NFL legend like AP.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    maybe the steelers wanted him to move on because he isn't that great a coach
    Cant be.......
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Wonder what Batch is getting at. Haley bringing in his own guys? Or other coaches not working well with Haley?

Quite frankly, if the offense keeps producing like it did late last year, I couldn't care less whether or not people get along with him.
    I wonder how the FO and Tomlin view this "turnover" in assistant coaches. You would think if Haley is the problem, it would keep coming up in the exit interviews. If Haley has a tumultuous offseason with some more negative press, do you think he'd be on a short leash with Munchak in the house? Interesting to ponder.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    I wonder how the FO and Tomlin view this "turnover" in assistant coaches. You would think if Haley is the problem, it would keep coming up in the exit interviews. If Haley has a tumultuous offseason with some more negative press, do you think he'd be on a short leash with Munchak in the house? Interesting to ponder.

Why assume change is a bad thing? There is nothing wrong with getting new perspectives and ideas. It is the lifeblood of growth and innovation in the business world and football is a business.

IMO this is a good thing and should be welcomed versus holding on to something or someone for too long because of a fear of change or sentimentalism.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Why assume change is a bad thing? There is nothing wrong with getting new perspectives and ideas. It is the lifeblood of growth and innovation in the business world and football is a business.

IMO this is a good thing and should be welcomed versus holding on to something or someone for too long because of a fear of change or sentimentalism.
    I'm fine with the change. Just wondering how the FO views it. 3 Head coaches, Dick Hoak was here forever, DL, Mitchell etc. Just curious to how they view the changes and if it keeps being directed at one person, how they would react.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post

based on performance, production and improvement, Haley(hired by rooney) has shown more than the multiple ol, st and rb coaches hire by tomlin. im sure the FO is fine with haley as long as he continues to improve this offense and keep ben upright .
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    based on performance, production and improvement, Haley(hired by rooney) has shown more than the multiple ol, st and rb coaches hire by tomlin. im sure the FO is fine with haley as long as he continues to improve this offense and keep ben upright .
    A big part of that is on Ben though. He played the last 5 or so games within the system. If he gets stupid and wants to play gunslinger then he'll be hitting the ground 50+ times again.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    A big part of that is on Ben though. He played the last 5 or so games within the system. If he gets stupid and wants to play gunslinger then he'll be hitting the ground 50+ times again.

Ben has to utilize his talents within the system and not get stubborn and always try for the big play.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!