Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What caused DeAngelo Hall to go bat-guano crazy near the end of the game?

Legend

User Info Menu

What caused DeAngelo Hall to go bat-guano crazy near the end of the game?

I was at the game, and couldn't tell from my upper deck bleacher seat vantage point what set Hall off to the point that he would be so abusive toward the refs that he got himself ejected from the game. Just wondering...
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I was at the game, and couldn't tell from my upper deck bleacher seat vantage point what set Hall off to the point that he would be so abusive toward the refs that he got himself ejected from the game. Just wondering...
    No clue, it looks as innocuous as can be, even in replays, but he calmly removes his helmet to talk (which is a no-no) and then he just lashes out and needs to be restrained.

Here's the video from the NFL

[URL]http://www.nfl.com/videos/washington-redskins/0ap2000000086406/DeAngelo-Hall-ejection[/URL]

Pappy
    Last edited by papillon; 10-31-2012 at 04:09 PM.

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

according to an article I read in yahoo sports, DeAngelo Hall complained that Emmanuel Sanders had cut blocked him earlier and the referees hadn't called it.

I think Hall's reaction was out of frustration and because he has always had a predisposition to be reactionary and lose his temper.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Sanders had a "potty mouth" and hurt his feelings
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

What I'm hearing here in the DC area is Shanahan and Hall are saying Sanders had Hall in a full nelson and took him down on the play. I certainly didn't see it that way. Then Hall says when he went to the official to ask him why he didn't throw a flag on Sanders the Ref started giving him a rash of crap. That's when Hall went berserk. They are now searching for camera views which would show what the official said.

I'm sure 'The Daniel' has already hired the best lip readers that money can buy who will tell us what the ref said.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    What I'm hearing here in the DC area is Shanahan and Hall are saying Sanders had Hall in a full nelson and took him down on the play. I certainly didn't see it that way. Then Hall says when he went to the official to ask him why he didn't throw a flag on Sanders the Ref started giving him a rash of crap. That's when Hall went berserk. They are now searching for camera views which would show what the official said.

I'm sure 'The Daniel' has already hired the best lip readers that money can buy who will tell us what the ref said.
    they're talking about it on ESPN right now and they said Hall is claiming Sanders grabbed his face mask and Hall asked the referee why there was no penalty on the play and then both of them started yelling at each other.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

[URL="http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/oct/29/mike-shanahan-penalty-call-may-have-spared-deangel"]Mike Shanahan's comments about the DeAngelo Hall ejection[/URL]
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Send DeAngelo an autographed Bumblebee Prison #88 jersey.

Legend

User Info Menu

Manny has a little fight in him and Hall got a little frustrated with him.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I looked it over a couple of times and to me it seems like here was no issues between Sanders and Hall after the play or nothing more than just pushing away from each other as many players do. All a big misunderstanding and tempers got the best of one player and possibly an official. Best thing to do is just forget about it after having a Ward Clever type talk with both of them. It's a heated game and these things happen.