Thread: Pass on Eifert and take this TE in 2nd/3rd round!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Pass on Eifert and take this TE in 2nd/3rd round!

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtYA0VQGBLM[/url]

Travis Kelce, TE, Cincinnati.

Looks like a clone of Heath. Thoughts? I really like this guy.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I have him mocked in the fourth, but others have him higher. He missed a season for disciplinary reasons, but has played the last two years. Cannot find anything on why he was suspended, I've looked but they all say the same thing....just team violation. One NFL draft guy, Josh Norris I think, has him as the #2 TE behind Eifert. Ertz was #8. Surprising, but that seems to not be the norm.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If he's there in the third or fourth..I'd take him. I saw some highlights on youtube the other day of him, kid is pretty good! If not, there is always Sims from Michigan State.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Legend

User Info Menu

Pretty sure SKL pointed out that the reason for the suspension was something so serious teams were striking him from their draft boards as a result. A season long suspension? Come on- that has to be a major red flag.

If you want a TE in this draft, and want value, the Tennessee TE is the go.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

they had this Kelce guy on path to the draft -- sure that's why he came up today... the guy said, "i watched his tape and wrote steelers on my pad" because he seems to have their type of toughness... Kelce said, "I play to the whistle... that's gotten me in trouble.........." I wonder if a stupid penalty got him suspended...?
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    they had this Kelce guy on path to the draft -- sure that's why he came up today... the guy said, "i watched his tape and wrote steelers on my pad" because he seems to have their type of toughness... Kelce said, "I play to the whistle... that's gotten me in trouble.........." I wonder if a stupid penalty got him suspended...?
    For a season?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    For a season?
    thought it was a game or two...?
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Legend

User Info Menu

I like Eifert, Escobar, and Kasa. Not a big fan of the other TEs in this draft. Think it's a weak class.

This is the first year I didn't put a TE in round 1 in my 1st mock and I wouldn't mind seeing us take Tyler. But I can also see Escobar dropping because of his poor combine, but he looks good in the games and is probably as close to Eifert as there is in this draft. Kasa from CU might be the even more interesting project. They just moved him from DE to TE this past year and he's pretty good. He's huge and got some decent speed for his size. He's Eric Green sized with Heath Miller speed and you can probably grab him in the 4th or 5th?

I'd stay away from mediocre TE talent in rounds 2-3 because there's some good CBs, Ss, and WRs that are better players.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Live in Cincy. Travis was a me first jerk. Became a team leader. Coaches give the indication that he has matured (thanks in large part to his brother's influence). Kelce plays hard, he is faster than Heath ever was, and his hands are very good (though not in Heath's class). Kielce has legit top 50 talent, though he should fall because of his past.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He certainly seems faster than Heath and has some moves running with the ball which Heath doesn't. It's hard to tell about his hands just from the video but I also saw him featured on the path to the draft. They said he had pretty good hands and was a terrific blocker. Those are the positives.

The negatives are he only showed up the last 6 games of his last year. I know he started out as a QB and moved to TE but for a year and a half he did practically nothing. I also haven't seen any tape of him catching in traffic, high pointing a ball, or being a dangerous red zone target.

I just don't see what he would bring to the table that paulson doesn't aready. Maybe some more speed so he would be a deep threat but I don't think he is worth the pick right now. If we use a spot for TE I want a guy that is going to be a standout.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!