Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers reasoning for letting Lewis go...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    cut ties with woodley as a june 1st cut and sign worilds to a 3-5 million per year deal.
    eating woodleys cap hit would suck, but theres no sense paying the guy another 8 million next year when he has proven to be lazy, fat and soft.
    agreed. Let's just hope Worilds is around come june 1st to sign.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    agreed. Let's just hope Worilds is around come june 1st to sign.
    im sure the steelers will have him wrapped up before releasing woodley
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    i willing to bet worilds gets more than 1.5 to 2.5 per year and it will be longer than a 2 year deal.
    Could be, like I said, I'm no expert in the off season signings. But he's only had one productive year and a supposed injury history to boot (I myself am on the fence with that sentiment). I think he tops out at 2.5-3.5/yr imo.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    Could be, like I said, I'm no expert in the off season signings. But he's only had one productive year and a supposed injury history to boot (I myself am on the fence with that sentiment). I think he tops out at 2.5-3.5/yr imo.
    Well, consider that the Steelers were willing to pay an old, washed-up James Harrison $4-5 million to play this year. You would think that they would value Worilds at least that... and if they're willing to value him at that, you would think that others value him at that and probably more.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Well, consider that the Steelers were willing to pay an old, washed-up James Harrison $4-5 million to play this year. You would think that they would value Worilds at least that... and if they're willing to value him at that, you would think that others value him at that and probably more.
    it would be interesting to see the 3-4 teams and their needs at OLB--see what the market dictates.
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It's really too bad that Chris Carter has turned out to be such a bum.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    It's really too bad that Chris Carter has turned out to be such a bum.
    exactly... it seemed we always had an apprentice ready to take over.
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke

Backup

User Info Menu

Are we really still pining for Keenan Lewis people ? He's balling to a degree because he is now motivated by playing for the Saints,... with hopes of being hero for his hometown unit.

Let's not forget that he was very average at Oregon State and was a 'flyer' pick. And if he had performed up to not only his standard,... but that of our organization,...he would still be here.

Then again,....perhaps he did not have the special bond with Tomlin that Timmons, and Gay do ? lol

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Polamalu View Post
    Are we really still pining for Keenan Lewis people ? He's balling to a degree because he is now motivated by playing for the Saints,... with hopes of being hero for his hometown unit.

Let's not forget that he was very average at Oregon State and was a 'flyer' pick. And if he had performed up to not only his standard,... but that of our organization,...he would still be here.

Then again,....perhaps he did not have the special bond with Tomlin that Timmons, and Gay do ? lol
    No no one gives a sh*t about Lewis. We are making the comparison to the Woirlds/Woodley situation and how one player seems ready to take over for the established guy, but the established guy has the big contract. And that will affect us financially on this cap starved team.

and more specifically how will the FO handle this situation. there are varying opinions on how they handled the Taylor/Lewis situation.
    Last edited by thor75; 01-12-2014 at 09:37 PM.
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    No no one gives a sh*t about Lewis. We are making the comparison to the Woirlds/Woodley situation and how one player seems ready to take over for the established guy, but the established guy has the big contract. And that will affect us financially on this cap starved team.

and more specifically how will the FO handle this situation. there are varying opinions on how they handled the Taylor/Lewis situation.
    And with that said,...Woodley was the attempt to Draft a physically prototypical Steeler tweener outside backer like Joey or Gildon after stepping on their ducks with the Tampa 2 Colts reach of Timmons in the first to placate Tomlin. Seemed like the safety valve pick,..but turns out not so much because of his (Woodley's) "Man i shooo just love being relevant as well as cupcakes and Champagne" shenanigans. lol

Is Worilds really the solution ? And if not,... what is really up for any debate ?