Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers reasoning for letting Lewis go...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Ike has. First Bengals game w Ike, Green was 4/38 yds, second game when Ike was out 10/116 yds. And this isn't an isolated game. Ike shuts the other guy out, period. Its one side of the field the Steelers dont have to worry about.

Point is, most of you are waaaay undervaluing Ike's abilities.
    I'm not undervaluing Ike. BUT, HE IS OLD FOR A CB!
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Ike has. First Bengals game w Ike, Green was 4/38 yds, second game when Ike was out 10/116 yds. And this isn't an isolated game. Ike shuts the other guy out, period. Its one side of the field the Steelers dont have to worry about.

Point is, most of you are waaaay undervaluing Ike's abilities.
    What? Ike was exposed early on last year... he was a PI machine and Tennessee picked on him all night. Its funny that you bring up the
    Bengal game. We went dime the whole game and helped out Ike all night....

[url]http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1380273-breaking-down-how-the-steelers-defense-shut-down-andy-dalton-bengals[/url]

Here is a nice breakdown of the help Ike received and they have a great photo of Ike being beat for a sure TD but guess who broke up the pass in the endzone? Lewis.

Ike WAS good... now he is just a decent DB who can run but still has a hard time seeing the ball. At 34 it was a bad idea to keep him over Lewis.

Legend

User Info Menu

I guess there will be one or two board members that will keep us posted all season long on Ike vs Lewis stats. Should make for some great board banter.... and a lot of I told you so's, one way or the other.

Legend

User Info Menu

I guess there will be one or two board members that will keep us posted all season long on Ike vs Lewis stats. Should make for some great board banter.... and a lot of I told you so's, one way or the other.
    Where did Lewis sign? LOL...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Where did Lewis sign? LOL...
    I believe that he is still a FA because we haven't heard a thing about him all off-season.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    I like Ike and all, but I just can't forget how he single-handedly let Tebow beat us at a time we coulda been a contenduh. Now maybe that's not how it happened, but it's how I remember it, so if anyone can set me straight otherwise, I'd appreciate it!
    Had we won that game we would have only made it to the next before losing. Way too many injuries in that game. Kiesel, Hamton and Starks (if memory serves me right) all tore something -one groin and two ACL's...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    Had we won that game we would have only made it to the next before losing. Way too many injuries in that game. Kiesel, Hamton and Starks (if memory serves me right) all tore something -one groin and two ACL's...
    that's a poor excuse to make the Denver game sting less...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    that's a poor excuse to make the Denver game sting less...
    Not really ... I remember feeling somewhat of a relief that we weren't having to go into New England and have them hand us our arse again. We were decimated and probably wouldn't have beaten a college team the next week. As bad as I didn't want us to lose that game I'd rather lose to the Broncos than the *'s.

Okay, maybe you're right, I'm just using it as an excuse to make myself feel better .... but that's what it's all about, right?
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

I did a little research and was able to pull this thread back up from the spring 2013... very interesting to see how this has unfolded... with Ike's play falling off...and Lewis emerging as a solid corner with another team..

My username then was "Big Ern McCracken" by the way... in case you were wondering what my opinion was back then.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by northcoast View Post
    i guess there will be one or two board members that will keep us posted all season long on ike vs lewis stats. Should make for some great board banter.... And a lot of i told you so's, one way or the other.
    .................. lol