Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFL Supplemental Draft is today

Legend

User Info Menu

NFL Supplemental Draft is today

Four players available in draft

Updated: July 9, 2014, 2:52 PM ET
    By John Clayton | ESPN.com

NFL general managers will have a brief break from their vacations Thursday when they can participate in the supplemental draft.

The four-player draft will be held at 1 p.m., but there is no guarantee any of the players will be drafted. If they aren't, they become undrafted free agents and can sign with any team.

New Mexico wide receiver-running back Chase Clayton, North Carolina linebacker Darius Lipford, Virginia University of Lynchburg defensive tackle Lakendrick Ross and SMU running back Traylon Shead are the four players available.

The 6-foot-5, 360-pound Ross has drawn a lot of interest. He's raw, but he's strong. He benched 47 reps at 225 pounds. He recently sent out an Instagram video in which he dunks a basketball.

Clayton is a fast returner who had a 30.4 kickoff-return average in 2012 and scored two touchdowns. Shead is a 240-pound back who rushed for 197 yards and scored three touchdowns last season. Lipford recovered from a 2012 knee injury and played for North Carolina last year.

Last year, six players were eligible for the supplemental draft, but no one was selected. The last supplemental draft selection was Josh Gordon by the Cleveland Browns in 2012.

The players are available through seven rounds. If a player is selected, the team that chooses him would give up a 2015 draft choice in the round of its supplemental draft selection.

[URL]http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11195629/nfl-supplemental-draft-set-thursday[/URL]
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

No players selected in 2014 NFL Supplemental Draft
    By Mike Huguenin
    College Football 24/7 writer

Published: July 10, 2014 at 01:28 p.m.
    Updated: July 10, 2014 at 01:34 p.m.

No surprise: No one is selected in this year's supplemental draft

To no one's real surprise, none of the four players available in Thursday's NFL Supplemental Draft were selected.

It's the second year in a row that there were no supplemental picks, and each of the four players available this year -- New Mexico wide receiver Chase Clayton (6-foot-3, 202 pounds), North Carolina linebacker Darius Lipford (6-3, 255), Virginia-Lynchburg defensive tackle LaKendrick Ross (6-5, 360) and SMU running back Traylon Shead (6-2, 230) -- now becomes a free agent eligible to sign with any team.

Lipford -- who was projected to start at one outside linebacker spot for UNC this fall -- and Ross seem likely to be the most sought-after of the quartet as free agents.

There have been some star players selected in previous supplemental drafts, but there was nothing close to a sure thing in this year's event.

The supplemental draft began in 1977, and 42 players have been selected over the years.

[URL]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000364264/article/no-one-is-selected-in-2014-nfl-supplemental-draft[/URL]

Well, that was fast.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

He benched 47 reps at 225 pounds. He recently sent out an Instagram video in which he dunks a basketball.

47??????????????? I couldn't do that with ONE hundred and 35 pounds. That is angry Hulk strong.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

He benched 47 reps at 225 pounds. He recently sent out an Instagram video in which he dunks a basketball.

47??????????????? I couldn't do that with ONE hundred and 35 pounds. That is angry Hulk strong. Sign him and see what's up. We still don't know if we have a legit NT.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ehhh...it's aight.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Are these guys now free agents?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Didn't we sign Mike Kudla from OSU as an UDFA a few years ago after he had bench press reps in the mid-40's or so at the combine?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Are these guys now free agents?
    Yup. Yup. Yup.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Didn't we sign Mike Kudla from OSU as an UDFA a few years ago after he had bench press reps in the mid-40's or so at the combine?
    We looked at Will Johnson from michigan too after he went undrafted and put up 43 reps

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    We looked at Will Johnson from michigan too after he went undrafted and put up 43 reps
    I know a myriad of reps at 225 don't guarantee a good player, just like a fast 40 time doesn't. But it's a start. That is angry Hulk strong.