Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bart Scott on Ben

Starter

User Info Menu

Bart Scott on Ben

Bart was on the Doug Gottlieb Show today on CBS Radio.

@GottliebShow: I asked Bart Scott who he would least like to face Brady,Manning, Big Ben - “Big Ben, cause he has more courage,can’t plan for him”
    Thought that was a pretty cool response from a guy I generally don't care for.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

We still have a relatively young franchise QB. We have to get the pieces in place to make one more run with him!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

"can't wait!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler View Post
    We still have a relatively young franchise QB. We have to get the pieces in place to make one more run with him!

Exactly...and, as crazy as it may sound... those pieces need to be filled on the defensive side of the ball first.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I agree with that sentiment.

Legend

User Info Menu

Maybe it was a case of Roethlisberger not taking his first, or second read. Defense thinks they have those guys covered, Ben scrambles and waits for the 3 or 4th option to clear. Roethlisberger is the anti-Manning.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Maybe it was a case of Roethlisberger not taking his first, or second read. Defense thinks they have those guys covered, Ben scrambles and waits for the 3 or 4th option to clear. Roethlisberger is the anti-Manning.
    It was funny but I heard everyone talking about how anning was so under siege on Sunday - almost as if that is an excuse for his performance. To me, it looked like a typical football game behind the Steelers O-line. I've seen Ben routinely have less time before the rush gets to him than PM faced on Sunday.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Agree with Bart Scott completely.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    It was funny but I heard everyone talking about how anning was so under siege on Sunday - almost as if that is an excuse for his performance. To me, it looked like a typical football game behind the Steelers O-line. I've seen Ben routinely have less time before the rush gets to him than PM faced on Sunday.
    Manning had infinite time in the pocket compared to what Ben typically gets.

Legend

User Info Menu

As a fan of Ben since he was a rookie I have often wondered how other great quarterbacks would play under the conditions in which Ben plays most every Sunday. This Super Bowl was probably as close to that simulation that you will ever see, there were times Manning had plenty of time, there were times he had an average amount of time and there times he had almost no time, he looked confused and at times inept.

Ben makes a silk purse out of a sow's ear more often than many fans want to believe. If Ben is playing in that game the Broncos have a chance, I don't think he over throws the first INT because of pressure, I'm almost certain he would have moved to avoid Avril walking the tackle back into him and I think he would have hit some plays. The game would have been competitive simply because of Ben's ability to avoid a pass rush. The Broncs probably still lose, the Seahawks did to Peyton what Ben has seen every Sunday for as long as I can remember.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount