Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Stats Prove It..

Legend

User Info Menu

The Stats Prove It..

The Steelers are a 45 minute offense. They are ranked 2nd in the NFL for time of possession in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd quarters with more than 60% share of possession (1st in overall average TOP).

But as everyone has witnessed, the Steelers rank 18th in the 4th quarter with a near 50% share of possession.

And along the same theme, the defense is ranked 17th, 8th, 16th, and 26th, in opponent scoring by 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarters.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    The Steelers are a 45 minute offense. They are ranked 2nd in the NFL for time of possession in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd quarters with more than 60% share of possession (1st in overall average TOP).

But as everyone has witnessed, the Steelers rank 18th in the 4th quarter with a near 50% share of possession.

And along the same theme, the defense is ranked 17th, 8th, 16th, and 26th, in opponent scoring by 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarters.
    That's pathetic. Our running game is not consistent and that hurts us in the 4th quarter. Unless our RBs break 2 tackles behind the line of scrimmage, they are screwed.

Our defense....well, they need help everywhere.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Stats don't prove anything, here is what the facts tell us:

Game 1 @ Denver: Steelers 19, Broncos 14 with 14:15 to go

Game 2 vs. Jets: Steelers enter 4th with 20-10 lead, win game 27-10

Game 3 @ Raiders: Steelers lead 31-21 going into the 4th and lose 34-31

This tells me that the Steelers offense can get a lead - they just don't have a way of closing it out. That is more on the Oline and the running game.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post

This tells me that the Steelers offense can get a lead - they just don't have a way of closing it out. That is more on the Oline and the running game.

this also tells me that the defense can't hold onto a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter, you can't let them off the hook either. the offense scored 31 points, that should be enough points to win with...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

31 points on the road.......your offense did what best it could. The defense stinks and so does the offensive line. Again, it's Ben and the receivers making things happen. I complained about Arians and I'll complain about Haley if he doesn't make things happen any better but, I'll give Haley sometime to grow and place his stamp on the offense. Has an Arians offense ever been ranked this high so soon or at all ?
    Lebeau needs to face facts that, with his current players his scheme isn't working and he needs to readjust.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post

I wonder if the success that Brady, Maning, Rodgers and Brees have is attributed to their offensive lines and running games? NOT.
    Its due to elite play by the quarterbacks. They consistently put up a lot of points. They are buttholes. i.e they play with a chip on their shoulders, meaning KILLER INSTINCT. Ben doesnt have killer instinct. He is TOO NICE. If Seymour did to the aformentioned others, what he did to Ben, then there would be a BRAWL

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    this also tells me that the defense can't hold onto a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter, you can't let them off the hook either. the offense scored 31 points, that should be enough points to win with...
    Exactly. I can't place blame on a offense that put up 31 points. Granted, the fumbling has to stop. I also won't dispute that the run blocking has been poor and that certainly doesn't help when trying to close out games.

With that being said... you won't win many games in this league if your defense allows 34 points.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    I wonder if the success that Brady, Maning, Rodgers and Brees have is attributed to their offensive lines and running games? NOT.
    Its due to elite play by the quarterbacks. They consistently put up a lot of points. They are buttholes. i.e they play with a chip on their shoulders, meaning KILLER INSTINCT. Ben doesnt have killer instinct. He is TOO NICE. If Seymour did to the aformentioned others, what he did to Ben, then there would be a BRAWL
    Ben's a killer
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Backup

User Info Menu

No, Ben is a nice guy

Backup

User Info Menu

The offense scored 31 points vs the RAIDERS lol. If Mendenhall ran for 200 yards vs the Raiders you all would be saying "Dont get ahead of yourself. Its just the Raiders"