Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who would you most like to see the Steelers play in a Super Bowl?

Legend

User Info Menu

I like the suggestions of AFC teams like Jacksonville and Oakland. Not sure what they mean, but I like them nonetheless.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    along with his superbowl winning players
    Like the twice cut James Harrison who WE DUMB FANS wanted over HAGGINS on the left? Who went on to become DMVP under Tomlin. We could have easily lost him.

Or are you referring to Big Ben who ROONEY had to force on Cowher?

Cowher would NEVER use a first on a QB. He find QBs in grocery stores.

I love me some Cowher, in some respects more than Tomlin who I also like.

But the two best players on Tomlins SB team were Steelers DESPITE Cowher.

This Cowhers teams stuff is RIDICULOUS. The GM has more to do with it anyway.

If Cowher had his way, we would not have Ben HE would be ring-less and we WOULD STILL be looking for ring number 5.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 07-15-2014 at 11:12 AM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I like the suggestions of AFC teams like Jacksonville and Oakland. Not sure what they mean, but I like them nonetheless.
    Just would like to see the two teams meet in a neutral stadium and compare terrible towels vs. jag rags.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts View Post
    Just would like to see the two teams meet in a neutral stadium and compare terrible towels vs. jag rags.
    Do they give away free Super Bowl tickets to Jacksonville area elementary schools?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Like the twice cut James Harrison who WE DUMB FANS wanted over HAGGINS on the left? Who went on to become DMVP under Tomlin. We could have easily lost him.

Or are you referring to Big Ben who ROONEY had to force on Cowher?

Cowher would NEVER use a first on a QB. He find QBs in grocery stores.

I love me some Cowher, in some respects more than Tomlin who I also like.

But the two best players on Tomlins SB team were Steelers DESPITE Cowher.

This Cowhers teams stuff is RIDICULOUS. The GM has more to do with it anyway.

If Cowher had his way, we would not have Ben HE would be ring-less and we WOULD STILL be looking for ring number 5.
    I loved Coach Cowher as well...but to pretend that his teams never played down to the competition and never. Lost to teams that they should have beaten is ridiculous...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I loved Coach Cowher as well...but to pretend that his teams never played down to the competition and never. Lost to teams that they should have beaten is ridiculous...

agreed, who is pretending?
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Teams I'd like to see...

Seattle - always good to knock off the champs
    Atlanta - Struggled with injuries last season so now everybody is writing them off.
    Packers - Great combination of football tradition and revenge all in one

Teams I'd hate to see...

Dallas - As others have mentioned, that means that they have had a good year
    San Fran - As much as I'd love to slap the goofy grin of of Harbaugh's whiny face, I'd much rather see them finish 0-16 under the ashes of a big Kaepernick contract
    New Orleans - their whole attitude annoyed me during the bounty scandal

Legend

User Info Menu

Do they give away free Super Bowl tickets to Jacksonville area elementary schools?
    Only if they play at home

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'll take "Anyone" for $1000, Alex.
    That was my answer and then I thought it must be a trick question!

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I would love to see an old school Steelers vs Dallas or Steelers vs the Raiders.
    Steelers vs Raiders would have to be AFCCG

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount