Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Dwyer is our best back....

Starter

User Info Menu

With Mendenhall activated, it looks like it will be him, Redman, Dwyer and Rainey.

One more year on the PS, Batch.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 8467thekraken View Post
    With Mendenhall activated, it looks like it will be him, Redman, Dwyer and Rainey.

The Steelers haven't even played the second preseason game...

Backup

User Info Menu

Barring additional injuries or a superman performance by Batch in the remaining 3 games....I believe you are correct.

Legend

User Info Menu

perhaps, but I can envision Baron Batch as a future type of Mewelde Moore back for us...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    yes, looks like you know exactly who I was referring to...
    Dude, I remember you, as not all that many posting on Steelers' boards live in Hawaii, one would think. That board was ONE of the nuttiest I had ever seen. The one I am thinking of was actually shut down, by the mod if I recall. The level of people trying to sell fake lives....well, maybe there wasn't that many doing it, maybe it was just one dude but it was extreme. Remember when two dudes supposedly met and they had this super elaborate story and discussion about their meeting and they claimed they "didn't take a picture, because, who does that?" at which time others pointed out that in this day and age, with cell cameras and facebook, that EVERYONE takes pictures when they meet? That was one odd board. And what was the other one, back in the day, that had more personal arguments than it did posts on football? It was crammed full of "You suck your dad, blah, blah, blah" if they disagreed with a football point? I don't even recall, but that place turned into a ghost town as well. Oh yea, and the one I was referring to had a prominent male nurse poster who lived on the west coast. Is that dude on here?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Dude, I remember you, as not all that many posting on Steelers' boards live in Hawaii, one would think. That board was ONE of the nuttiest I had ever seen. The one I am thinking of was actually shut down, by the mod if I recall. The level of people trying to sell fake lives....well, maybe there wasn't that many doing it, maybe it was just one dude but it was extreme. Remember when two dudes supposedly met and they had this super elaborate story and discussion about their meeting and they claimed they "didn't take a picture, because, who does that?" at which time others pointed out that in this day and age, with cell cameras and facebook, that EVERYONE takes pictures when they meet? That was one odd board. And what was the other one, back in the day, that had more personal arguments than it did posts on football? It was crammed full of "You suck your dad, blah, blah, blah" if they disagreed with a football point? I don't even recall, but that place turned into a ghost town as well. Oh yea, and the one I was referring to had a prominent male nurse poster who lived on the west coast. Is that dude on here?
    that's funny, what a small world.

did you ever post on the message board from the old Trib days? that was like living in the Wild Wild West. that board pretty much had a personal argument about every other post.

the craziest and wildest one that I know of today is StillerNation, those guys are out of control and anything goes there. not my cup of tea, I don't mind the occasional argument but to swear at and insult each other constantly grows old pretty quickly.

and no the guy you're referring to doesn't post here, probably not enough drama for his taste. this board is by far the best one I've ever posted on IMHO. the owner is a great guy who is very helpful when something goes wrong and the mods are very cool and fair. discussions here can become heated but for the most part everyone is pretty respectful of each other.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Wink

did you ever post on the message board from the old Trib days? that was like living in the Wild Wild West. that board pretty much had a personal argument about every other post.

the craziest and wildest one that I know of today is StillerNation, those guys are out of control and anything goes there. not my cup of tea, I don't mind the occasional argument but to swear at and insult each other constantly grows old pretty quickly.

and no the guy you're referring to doesn't post here, probably not enough drama for his taste. this board is by far the best one I've ever posted on IMHO. the owner is a great guy who is very helpful when something goes wrong and the mods are very cool and fair. discussions here can become heated but for the most part everyone is pretty respectful of each other.
    Only someone as clueless as you would say something so stupid.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Only someone as clueless as you would say something so stupid.

why thank you!

so howz things in Idaho?

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I don't believe I posted on Trib board. And, yea, when the board is more about inane insults than chatting about football, what's the point? That one dude - with the bike/azzzzins - life was about posting on that board. Strange. I never figured out who was real, who was an alias, etc., nor did I really care. It seems like most of the "extreme" boards are gone. I also don't dig the "over-moderated" boards where mods move every single topic that isn't 100% just on the Steelers. I feel other teams ARE part of the Steelers story since we might have to beat them at some point. Isn't it all relative? I mean, I feel any team who is possibly contending is part of the overall scene.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    I also don't dig the "over-moderated" boards where mods move every single topic that isn't 100% just on the Steelers.
    I completely agree.

the reason that i left the other board that fezz and i used to post on was because i posted an article about who the Steelers were expected to draft and it got moved immediately to "The Draft Room". I can understand a board wishing to compartmentalize subject matter but my point to the mods was that this article was definitely Steelers related (actually had the word "Steelers" in the title) and would invite a lot more discussion on the main Steelers page than in the Draft Room that no one ever visited or posted in.

the one megalomaniac mod i referred to in an earlier post responded with a "well, that's how it is here and if you don't like it there are other boards and if you decide to leave you will regret it" and that's all i needed to hear to take him up on his invitation. needless to say, i have never regretted leaving that board and coming to this one, as my over 10,000 posts here will attest.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha