Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emerging Division Rival

Legend

User Info Menu

Emerging Division Rival

I know we like to annually give them a laugh, but the Browns are putting together some very nice talent in the offseason, Kruger, Groves, Bryant. It just seems while the Steelers are bleeding talent or merely trying to hang on to what they got, the Browns have the luxury of enormous cap room to upgrade quickly.

Now, if they only find a QB, we could see the AFCN become ultracompetitive.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I've noticed this too. They have a new owner too- who was once a minority owner in the Steelers. He has seen how a class operation is run from the inside.

Does Weeden really suck? I know he's a bit old for his tenure, but if they give him some weapons will he really be all that bad?

Legend

User Info Menu

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I've noticed this too. They have a new owner too- who was once a minority owner in the Steelers. He has seen how a class operation is run from the inside.

Does Weeden really suck? I know he's a bit old for his tenure, but if they give him some weapons will he really be all that bad?

The Browns owner seems to be willing to spend money and hold everybody accountable, instead of just sitting back and making money. It's a totally different feel in Cleveland. I hope I'm wrong or I hope things fall apart, but in the next few years I think the Browns will actually be a decent to good team. For most of my life, they've been the laughing stock...................and hopefully that continues.

And yes Weeden suck. I think Dalton does as well. It seems like all he does is throw the ball 10,000 feet in the air and let AJ Green go after it.
    Don't Forget to bring a Towel

Legend

User Info Menu

I've been hearing this same old song since Couch was drafted.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Or Quinn, aka Zorro.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post

I know Pete. I've said the same thing! It has pissed me off. This year, just watching everything has me concerned. I hope I'm wrong.

Seriously. I hope I'm wrong and the Browns sucks ballsacks all across the Ohio, monogahalia (three rivers) DEATH TO THE BROWNS.........................

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Don't Forget to bring a Towel

Legend

User Info Menu

For all our losses, our rivals in purple are hemmorhaging players as well. Look at the middle of their defense...it is completely devastated. Both starting safeties are gone (Ed Reed is in Houston and Bernard Pollard is in Tennessee)...both starting ILB's are gone (Ray Lewis is at ESPN and Dannell Ellerbe is in Miami)...and their NT spot is currently manned by big fat bust Terrence Cody (Chris Kemoeatu's older brother Ma'Ake started there last year and is currently an unsigned free agent). That is FIVE starting positions on defense that need to upgraded...for a team that has traditionally been very strong up the middle on defense, I think 2013 is going to be a huge slap in the face for them.

On offense, Flacco's most reliable target was traded to the other Harbaugh brother for a 6th round pick. Matt Birk retired, depriving their OL of its leader. Plus Bryant McKinnie is still unsigned (and him coming back into the lineup late in the season last year started their comeback when Flacco morphed from shellshocked back there to suddenly seeming to be a clutch player when given adequate time). Oher is a solid right tackle, but ironically, he struggles when having to protect his QB's "Blind Side." Yanda's a solid RG, but Kelechi Osemele and Jah Reid are interchangeable average players (one will start at LG and the other will start at RT, but I don't know which is which right now, and Gino Gradkowski is completely unproven as a starting center (and since his older brother Bruce is now our backup QB, he can give our defense tips about his little brother's weaknesses).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

In other news, OLB Victor Butler plans on paying the Browns a visit as well.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I expect the Browns to be more competitive, they no longer are doormats in the AFC north. They still are a year or two away but what they have done on defense is the part that makes them better.
    They have a decent O-line and good running back, some help at the receiver position and TE should help them in their offense. Just like most teams though,you need a top QB to get the added edge and they don't have that yet.