Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: QB's, LT's and Manti T'eo

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

QB's, LT's and Manti T'eo

Don't want to call anyone out, as we all are about as good at this as..........well.......... most message board posters.

But......

No QB's in the top ten and only one taken in the first 10 picks and only one in the top 32.

Three out of the first four picks were LT's.

Manti T'eo is not a first round pick. No real surprise here.
    Last edited by BigRob; 04-26-2013 at 03:21 PM.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ok we know you are talking about me. I can take it. No big deal. I have been wrong before. I still have a top 10 grade on Matt Barkley and believe he is the best QB in this draft. And I still stand by what I have said about Manti T'eo. Every year the NFL misses on many players. I know those tackles taken early were great football players but none of them will make their teams playoff teams. These picks will just be like when Miami chose Jake Long or Cleveland chose Joe Thomas. With no QB's this will not make much of a difference to their teams.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Last night's draft was about as crazy a 1st round as I can remember. There were so many horrible picks. Teams with no need for LTs got em. So teams like Detroit and San Diego that have QBs that need protection couldn't get em. Then Miami taking Dion when they could have used a LT. WTF?

Carolina and Pittsburgh hit the jackpot because of the idiocy throughout this first round.

St Louis trading an insane amount to get a midget WR in the top 10.

Everyone drafting based on workouts. It's like half the league became Al Davis this year. And then just when I thought the Raiders were finally playing it smart, they make a stupid pick.

The only teams that impressed me were Carolina, Pittsburgh, and NE who got a boatload of picks once again. And if I'm completely wrong on Austin, St Louis would be about the only other team that did good getting Olgetree near the end of the first round.

There were just so many WTF moments last night. Including CBS sports posting draft picks 5 minutes before the NFL Network revealed them.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Ok we know you are talking about me. I can take it. No big deal. I have been wrong before. I still have a top 10 grade on Matt Barkley and believe he is the best QB in this draft. And I still stand by what I have said about Manti T'eo. Every year the NFL misses on many players. I know those tackles taken early were great football players but none of them will make their teams playoff teams. These picks will just be like when Miami chose Jake Long or Cleveland chose Joe Thomas. With no QB's this will not make much of a difference to their teams.
    Not you specifically Dub. I really respect a lot of the analysis you bring. Your higher on Jones than I am and I hope your are far more right than me.

I appreciate the effort you put into this board. It makes it lively and entertaining.

I'm far more wrong than right when trying to look at anything draft related. I also happen to think Manti will be a great 2nd round pick. Right where ILB'ers should go in the draft. Someone is going to get a pretty good football player.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Not you specifically Dub. I really respect a lot of the analysis you bring. Your higher on Jones than I am and I hope your are far more right than me.

I appreciate the effort you put into this board. It makes it lively and entertaining.

I'm far more wrong than right when trying to look at anything draft related. I also happen to think Manti will be a great 2nd round pick. Right where ILB'ers should go in the draft. Someone is going to get a pretty good football player.
    Fair enough. And I respect and appreciate your analysis as well.

Legend

User Info Menu

BigRob...you had him right where I wanted and you LET HIM OFF THE HOOK!!! LOL...

he is talking about you Dub... and if he isn't I am... what happened in this first round? Where was Barkley? He was supposed to change this first round. 3 QB's were supposed to come off the board in the first 12 picks.... and EJ, E freaking J. How did that happen?

Looks like teams are getting guys they want instead of the guys the experts want them to take.

I predict a WR or a RB in the second..

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    BigRob...you had him right where I wanted and you LET HIM OFF THE HOOK!!! LOL...

he is talking about you Dub... and if he isn't I am... what happened in this first round? Where was Barkley? He was supposed to change this first round. 3 QB's were supposed to come off the board in the first 12 picks.... and EJ, E freaking J. How did that happen?

Looks like teams are getting guys they want instead of the guys the experts want them to take.

I predict a WR or a RB in the second..
    Yawn!!......

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think Barkley getting hurt this season really hurt his draft stock. I also think that Luck and RG3 really hurt his stock. Someone is going to get a steal in the 2nd round.
    and felt, never understimate the power of stupid organizations. There is a reason they continually pick in the top half year in and year.
    on a related note, I was SHOCKED the Browns didn't draft a qb. they had a good run of qb's going in the first two rounds.. 2nd round isn't over yet, so they have a chance. Let's see how many more high draft pick qb's they can give up on after only one season.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think there is one unintended consequence of the rookie wage restriction. Teams are more willing to take certain positions higher than they normally would.

In the past it was hard to justify taking a guard at pick 7 or 10. So you reached for premium positions like LT, DT, Pass rushers, etc...

Now if you like a guy, you can take him and know it's not going to kill your cap if you miss.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Yawn!!......
    That's what Barkley was doing last night?

C'mon Dub... lighten up.

If Barkley went to Buffalo and Te'o went in the early 20's you would be on here break dancing about how awesome you were.