Thread: Chance Warmack likely to be there @ 17 when we pick

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

you're right chadman.

long year.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    my obsession was with the constant scorn from some here who pretend that he is the worst starting guard in the league and the sole reason for the offensive woes.
    I think most people see him for what he is. A mediocre guard at best. He is in the bottom third of the league as a starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    I will clear my posts with you in the future. Ok?
    Sure, you can pm them to me ahead of time.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

sure boss.

check it daily.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Wow, I hope you are being sarcastic or joking.
    image.jpg
    He is OBESE!
    @_Hellgrammite

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Too big & fat.

Oh, I get it [url]http://img0.etsystatic.com/000/0/5130828/il_fullxfull.92804080.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

I think most people see him for what he is. A mediocre guard at best. He is in the bottom third of the league as a starter.

maybe

but even the best considered lines in the league have a guy or 2 that are low round/free agent types but are good enough with the surrounded talent to gel into a good unit

you dont need 3 1st round picks and 2 2nd rounders to have a good line.

go across the league and pick out a top OL and you'll see they have much less pedigree to work with

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Not that Warmack won't be a great OG in the NFL, and not even a matter that he would be a big upgrade to our team....but I'm leaning toward them NOT drafting another OL in the first round. I think FS, SS, OLB have to be our biggest needs with WR, TE, RB in the second, but not distant, tier. Most people would list ILB as a giant need but we do have a stud in Timmons in there and its not like Larry Foote is some stellar ILB, but he hasn't hurt the team at all.

Could a Kion Wilson or Brian Rolle play the ILB spot beside Timmons if there are better prospects at other positions?
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Exactly, Foster was always characterized as mediocre at best no matter how many wanted to interpret that as being told "their baby was ugly." Foster is what he is serviceable but not a starter on any of the top 50% OLs in this league. We shouldn't be satisfied with that. Once you make the team and have a job to do your performance shouldn't get bonus points because you were an UDFA. The opponents don't play you any different.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Not that Warmack won't be a great OG in the NFL, and not even a matter that he would be a big upgrade to our team....but I'm leaning toward them NOT drafting another OL in the first round. I think FS, SS, OLB have to be our biggest needs with WR, TE, RB in the second, but not distant, tier. Most people would list ILB as a giant need but we do have a stud in Timmons in there and its not like Larry Foote is some stellar ILB, but he hasn't hurt the team at all.

Could a Kion Wilson or Brian Rolle play the ILB spot beside Timmons if there are better prospects at other positions?
    Rolle might have been a really sneaky-good pick-up. That said, if Larry Foote will play for Vet Minimum, wouldn't you just bring him back & give Spence the chance to get healthy?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Rolle might have been a really sneaky-good pick-up. That said, if Larry Foote will play for Vet Minimum, wouldn't you just bring him back & give Spence the chance to get healthy?
    Like normal, our offense was the weaker unit, while our defense was really good. Foote was far from a problem. He is however getting older. If Rolle or Kion could play at a Foote level or better then it was a nice pickup, either of them.
    @_Hellgrammite