Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dee Milliner CB Alabama

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Dee Milliner CB Alabama

How it looks now, the Steelers will be drafting anywhere from 10-18. I think outside of Manti T'eo, that Dee Milliner may be the safest and best pick for the Steelers. With this team being over $30 million towards the cap next year, Ike Taylor is as good as gone. He will be a cap casualty. Has to be. Same with James Harrison. But with Harrison's position they will probably look to replace him with Jason Worilds or move Woodley over to his spot and have Worilds play the LOLB position. Dee Milliner is the best corner in this draft. Very rarely does he ever give up any thing. 20 PBU this year is big indication of where he is in regards to the man he covers.

Manti T'eo or Dee Milliner give the Steelers an elite player. A player that helps others on the defensive side of the ball. And one of them will be there when the Steelers draft.

And if it comes down to choosing one of them from the rest of these players, count me in.

Damontre Moore DE/OLB
    Jake Matthews OT
    Barkevious Mingo DE/OLB
    Sam Montgomery DE/OLB
    Taylor Lewan OT
    Matt Barkley QB
    Chance Warmack OG
    Keenan Allen WR
    John Jenkins DT
    Jonathan Cooper OG
    Sheldon Richardson DT
    Jesse Williams NT
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

the way our corners got picked on today

how can you say ike has to go

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    How it looks now, the Steelers will be drafting anywhere from 10-18. I think outside of Manti T'eo, that Dee Milliner may be the safest and best pick for the Steelers. With this team being over $30 million towards the cap next year, Ike Taylor is as good as gone. He will be a cap casualty. Has to be. Same with James Harrison. But with Harrison's position they will probably look to replace him with Jason Worilds or move Woodley over to his spot and have Worilds play the LOLB position. Dee Milliner is the best corner in this draft. Very rarely does he ever give up any thing. 20 PBU this year is big indication of where he is in regards to the man he covers.

Manti T'eo or Dee Milliner give the Steelers an elite player. A player that helps others on the defensive side of the ball. And one of them will be there when the Steelers draft.

And if it comes down to choosing one of them from the rest of these players, count me in.

Damontre Moore DE/OLB
    Jake Matthews OT
    Barkevious Mingo DE/OLB
    Sam Montgomery DE/OLB
    Taylor Lewan OT
    Matt Barkley QB
    Chance Warmack OG
    Keenan Allen WR
    John Jenkins DT
    Jonathan Cooper OG
    Sheldon Richardson DT
    Jesse Williams NT
    We are only about 16 million over the cap. The 30+ million figure would include signing 5-8 million in UFAs, resigning a few RFAs and signing our 2013 draft class. We could get to the cap without cutting Ike. We will likely have to cut Harrison OR Ike and others. It is possible we will cut both, but not necessarily so. Then, we will do our usual restructuring dance to free up the rest.

I think Te'o will go around 12th-14th. I'd be good with the pick. He is getting to be a very good pass defender.

I also like Milliner. He can play on an island mirroring good receivers. He tackles well. He is physical. He is a Steelers type corner.

From the rest of that list, I also like Jake Matthews. I feel we still need another tackle as Max Starks likely won't be back this time. He has certainly earned a 5 million dollar paycheck next season from someone. Gilbert, Adams, and Beachum are all turnstiles in the pass game and will get Ben killed. Matthews can play on the left or right. He is a better run blocker now, but he has all of the tools necessary to be a great pass protector.

I like Damontre Moore and Sam Montgomery very much, but I also really like Stansly Taponga from TCU who may be available in round 2 or 3. I'm not as high on Mingo as I feel sometimes he goes too finesse and would be a liability vs the run.
    Last edited by steelblood; 12-10-2012 at 08:36 AM.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    the way our corners got picked on today

how can you say ike has to go
    Ike may decide to let them re-work his contract. And maybe Harrison will decide to take less money in order to stay.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Ike may decide to let them re-work his contract. And maybe Harrison will decide to take less money in order to stay.
    I think this will be the approach the front office takes. I'm less worried about Ike because this was the first game he ever missed in his career because of an injury. I also can see Ike moving to Free Safety like Woodson did later in his career so there would be value keeping him.

Harrison will be the really hard off season decision. There really is no replacement beating down the doors although Worilds looks better and better. Do you want to risk a repeat of the Aaron Smith saga where we lost him for half the games the last 2-3 years he was on the team?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I think this will be the approach the front office takes. I'm less worried about Ike because this was the first game he ever missed in his career because of an injury. I also can see Ike moving to Free Safety like Woodson did later in his career so there would be value keeping him.

Harrison will be the really hard off season decision. There really is no replacement beating down the doors although Worilds looks better and better. Do you want to risk a repeat of the Aaron Smith saga where we lost him for half the games the last 2-3 years he was on the team?
    Harrison is a really hard call at his cap number. There is no coincidence that the run D really began to improve when Harrison returned, and his return seemed to elevate the play of others, including Timmons. He is still a good player, but he's being payed like a great one.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Why anyone would want to keep Ike Taylor who will be 33 next year and is heading in the wrong direction skill wise is beyond me. Did anyone forget how horrible he played for like the first half of the season? Oh and the next big play he makes will be like his first. The Steelers need to stop holding on to players too long and start bringing in some young, hungry talent. Play makers
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

well, put me down for someone who wants to keep ike, as he is the best CB on the roster.

and he had 2 bad games to start the season IIRC. Not half a season of terrible play dub.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    well, put me down for someone who wants to keep ike, as he is the best CB on the roster.

and he had 2 bad games to start the season IIRC. Not half a season of terrible play dub.
    I agree...again! This is getting truly disturbing.

Ike is still solid and had really played well after the first few games.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I agree...again! This is getting truly disturbing.

Ike is still solid and had really played well after the first few games.
    its a festivus miracle ovi!

seriously, I think we have enough talent at CB. They just need reps in games. Now if someone were to fall that they absolutely love, well then I could see them pulling the trigger. I'm also becoming a little leery of saban players in the NFL. Seems like a lot of them peak in college. No real numbers to back this up, just a feeling I get.