Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: NO ONE has answered this, our OL injuries waiting to happen

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

It seems when Ben is in rhythm everything clicks on offense, but when he starts holding the ball too long things break down and linemen going down on the backside of plays.
    I'm like throw the damn ball sometimes watching the game. We tend to blame the O-line for all our problems on offense but is Ben part of the problem?
    It nice to see him extend plays but he also puts himself in jeapardy for injuries and his o-line too.....This may seem like hog wash but hey, we're trying to figure out the problem with so many injuries on that line. Three years in a row, something is very wrong!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Great differing opinions. And guess what? If one of those with "differing opinions" constantly has their OLmen injured, how much credit do their "differing opinions" have? Many experts say doing too much power rack type of lifting puts extra stress on the lower body, leading to injuries. Do you know more than the leading strength and conditioning coaches in the US? What does your issue of "health and Fitness" say?
    I do not purport to be an expert. You do. I find it quite comical that somebody with no apparent expertise jumps to conclusions that the Steelers must not only be doing certain types of exercises, but that those exercises must be wrong.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Keenan Lewis never lifted the Monday after a game...until this season, when Ike Taylor finally convinced him to do so...

How did Keenan's season work out?
    OK, a CB doesnt have near the contact that everyone else has, lets be real. They CAN lift the next day, but lineman?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I do not purport to be an expert. You do. I find it quite comical that somebody with no apparent expertise jumps to conclusions that the Steelers must not only be doing certain types of exercises, but that those exercises must be wrong.
    Please specify where I claimed I was an expert.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    True, but Pgh's history of OL injuries is not the norm either - it is exceptionally high. You DO realize that, right? Therefore, looking into their training and conditioning practices IS appropriate.
    Says you. When you put something like that out there support your opinion with some facts. Over the last 5 years where do the Steelers rank in OL injuries compared to other NFL teams?
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Says you. When you put something like that out there support your opinion with some facts. Over the last 5 years where do the Steelers rank in OL injuries compared to other NFL teams?
    I don't know where you can look such a thing up, but we can use this thing called "common sense." Let's put it this way: How many teams were on their 5th string OT and didn't have a single back up OLmen on their bench, having to put in a TE as a OLmen if they had 1 more injury?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    I don't even know why this thread was started. It was pretty darn obvious all season long that the cause of the injuries was Marcus Gilbert.
    Now that's some funny stuff right there.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    I don't even know why this thread was started. It was pretty darn obvious all season long that the cause of the injuries was Marcus Gilbert.
    So true. The trainers should get him the Medical Alert System. Better still, get them for his OL mates.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'm hearing Gilbert might not even make the team unless some serious training and diet are utilized this off season.

[url]http://www.nathanbeaver.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/fat-guy-eating-giant-hamburger1-469x288.jpg[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    I'm hearing Gilbert might not even make the team unless some serious training and diet are utilized this off season.

[url]http://www.nathanbeaver.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/fat-guy-eating-giant-hamburger1-469x288.jpg[/url]
    Is he still hiding from the team?