Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I thought ol' Wicker Basket was hopelessly senile and should have retired years ago?

Legend

User Info Menu

I thought ol' Wicker Basket was hopelessly senile and should have retired years ago?

I don't hear anyone talking about sending our defensive coordinator to the nursing home after his defense, in back-to-back games, held a top notch weapon like A.J. Green to 1 catch (his per game average prior to playing us was 7 catches for 104 yards and a TD) and then shut down a multi-dimensional talent like RGIII (his completion percentage was over 70% coming into this game, but we held him to 47% yesterday...he also had 64 rushes for 468 yards and 6 rushing TD's coming in to this game, but we held him to 6 rushes for 8 yards and 0 TD's). He certainly didn't adjust his scheme to accommodate for the these uniquely skilled players one bit, because we know he is stubborn and incapable of changing a single thing about his beloved defense since he cannot possibly ever admit that his baby is ugly. Props to the old man who was born a mere 3 years after our team originally wore those bumblebee unis.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

you will hear it once again the next time our defense doesn't play well, maybe as early as after this Sunday's game against the Giants.

be patient Grasshopper, the LeBeau naysayers are ready to pounce at the next opportunity...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

10 drops by Redskin receivers helped the cause this weekend. Nice assist by the rain.

I think Lebeau is still Lebeau but doesn't have the guys to get consistent QB pressure without blitzing and that's the crux of his problem. If we can get Harrison and Troy healthy by year end, we can get a lot better.

It's nice seeing some guys get more reps now. It could pay off down the line. It was nice seeing us do well without Troy or Clark. Nice game by Allen/Mundy.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    you will hear it once again the next time our defense doesn't play well, maybe as early as after this Sunday's game against the Giants.

be patient Grasshopper, the LeBeau naysayers are ready to pounce at the next opportunity...
    The Giants are overrated imho. The parts of their last 2 games I saw, it looked like Dallas and Washington handed them the victory.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    The Giants are overrated imho. The parts of their last 2 games I saw, it looked like Dallas and Washington handed them the victory.
    Good thing the Steelers never do that for any teams...

Legend

User Info Menu

I predicted a win this week on the board because RG3 is a rookie, and LeBeau does well against them. Seems that the experienced QBs aren't as rattled by Wicky's schemes and find the open man in time.

If we can defensively beat the Giants I will feel a lot more confident that we are not built just to GET to the playoffs, but to WIN the Superbowl by beating the Mannings (both of them), Breeses, Bradys* etc. of the world as well.

Here we go, Steelers, here we go!!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    10 drops by Redskin receivers helped the cause this weekend. Nice assist by the rain.

I think Lebeau is still Lebeau but doesn't have the guys to get consistent QB pressure without blitzing and that's the crux of his problem. If we can get Harrison and Troy healthy by year end, we can get a lot better.

It's nice seeing some guys get more reps now. It could pay off down the line. It was nice seeing us do well without Troy or Clark. Nice game by Allen/Mundy.
    Cincy has one WR and Ike is best when locked on one man. He struggles in zone. And yes, Washington WR's dropped 2 TD's and a bunch of other passes.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Well, much of the criticism was that DL couldn't adjust once he lost he best play makers. That still could be the case. He has Woodley, Clark and Harrison back, and that is making a difference. If we get Troy back, in a real way, DL will look even better. Rushing D still looks a little weak at times (only based on our standards). And, I think DL finally not making Ike play every WR 1-on-1 without any help is making a difference. Many feel you should be able to adjust DURING a game instead of a failed plan getting torched all day, and I see that point. I often wonder why they refuse to make adjustments at half time, at the very least. I sure wondered that during last year's play off loss.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

They say that the team isn't as bad as the fans think in a loss and not as good as they think in a win. The same could be said of our D. The fact is that despite the drops by Washington WR's, we also didn't have Troy for the game or Clark for most of the second half. They adapted and overcame. Props to them for that if nothing else.