Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Roethlisberger likes the revamped offense

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    When did Ben ever show up to work and whine? It seems to me that he's always saluted like a good soldier whether he liked what was going on or not.
    Ben seems passive aggressive at times. His words and actions don't always line up. I think that's why he bugs some people. I think he tries but he comes off insincere sometimes. As an example, he'll give credit to his OLine at times where they deserve none. So you know he's always trying to say the right thing when it's not necessarily true.

So you have to take what he says with a grain of salt. It's fine. 99% of people are conditioned to not really say what's on their mind.

But on the field, you just have to look at his play to see he's not complaining. He's probably the toughest player in the league. He's a grinder. No one would work that hard on the field to be successful if he had major issues with the coaching, offense, etc.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    This is the title of an article on page 1 of this thread:

Notice the "now" portion of it?
    I notice how the "NOW" portion made you fall for the typical Steeler off season non story

Backup

User Info Menu

Nah...neither is true...just more erroneous assumptions on your part...
    That's pretty funny coming from you

All Ben needed to do is quit whining and show up to work...he does that this offseason and look what happens...good things...
    To which he did. All the team needed to do was respect the franchise QB and give him input.... you know, like every other team with a franchise QB does. I think your viewpoint stems from this outdated notion that no one player is on a pedestal. That the team is more important than any one player, and that all players must buy in to the franchise's philosophies without question. After all, that's how the Steelers won their first two super bowls. What too many Steelers fans seem to forget is that after failing to reach the super bowl for a few years after Lombardi #2, Noll realized the team had to evolve, had to change philosophies. Bradshaw was an established QB, and the Steel Curtain, while not bad, certainly wasn't as good as it was during the first two super bowl runs. They won their 3rd and 4th super bowls largely on Bradshaw's arm. Was anyone bitching about how that wasn't the "Steeler way" back then?

If you think a QB should just shut up and accept something he's not comfortable with because the owner says so, then the game has really passed you by.

There is nobody that I'd rather have under center than Ben...that doesn't mean that I am required to enjoy the drama that often accompanies him...

Finally, I don't have to protect Art's image...he hasn't done anything to embarrass the franchise...
    You mean like when he lied about the Arians firing, or when he said discipline wasn't a problem after last year when it clearly was? Or how about the fact that ever since Dan went over to Ireland the Steelers haven't been able to get their cap in order?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain QB View Post

Huh? Are you from an alternate reality? Does Spock still have that goatee going?
    Ben constantly underthrows his deep routes. He is not top 5 or maybe even top 10 as a deep thrower. His strength is mid range which he seems to hate
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Ben constantly underthrows his deep routes. He is not top 5 or maybe even top 10 as a deep thrower. His strength is mid range which he seems to hate
    You do know he is regarded as one of the better deep-ball throwers, right?

Legend

User Info Menu

You do know he is regarded as one of the better deep-ball throwers, right?
    By who. Doing it alot doesn't make you good. Without thinking too hard I can name: Brees, Manning and Manning, Brady, Rogers, Stafford, Romo, Flacco, Cutler and Ryan as better.

That is a lot ahead of him.

Legend

User Info Menu

That's pretty funny coming from you

To which he did. All the team needed to do was respect the franchise QB and give him input.... you know, like every other team with a franchise QB does. I think your viewpoint stems from this outdated notion that no one player is on a pedestal. That the team is more important than any one player, and that all players must buy in to the franchise's philosophies without question. After all, that's how the Steelers won their first two super bowls. What too many Steelers fans seem to forget is that after failing to reach the super bowl for a few years after Lombardi #2, Noll realized the team had to evolve, had to change philosophies. Bradshaw was an established QB, and the Steel Curtain, while not bad, certainly wasn't as good as it was during the first two super bowl runs. They won their 3rd and 4th super bowls largely on Bradshaw's arm. Was anyone bitching about how that wasn't the "Steeler way" back then?
    Probably...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    By who. Doing it alot doesn't make you good. Without thinking too hard I can name: Brees, Manning and Manning, Brady, Rogers, Stafford, Romo, Flacco, Cutler and Ryan as better.

That is a lot ahead of him.
    That is a horrible list... Romo? LOL.. Cutler? LOL.. Stafford?

You named good QB's but you damn sure didn't name good deep ball throwers.

Rookie

User Info Menu

If you think a QB should just shut up and accept something he's not comfortable with because the owner says so, then the game has really passed you by.
    What Ben did this offseason? He could have easily done it last offseason...

Embrace the change (because it happened, regardless of his franchise QB status), work with the coaches and offer input...instead of being butt hurt about Arians being canned...

Perhaps it took a year to realize that change can be a good thing...though I wish he would have figured it out before last season...

Legend

User Info Menu

What Ben did this offseason? He could have easily done it last offseason...

Embrace the change (because it happened, regardless of his franchise QB status), work with the coaches and offer input...instead of being butt hurt about Arians being canned...

Perhaps it took a year to realize that change can be a good thing...though I wish he would have figured it out before last season...
    This is true. Ben did not embrace change last year and even then he was on his way to best statistical season. Imagine if he had really bought in from Day 1.

Instead he got "Faneca disease" and pouted.