User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    please please please let some take this P.O.S off our team
    good grief.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    good grief.

x2 Wallace make our team better, unless he becomes a morale liability, or unless his contract results in not signing Antonio Brown.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    please please please let some take this P.O.S off our team
    Player with O utstanding S peed?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

^^Nicely done^^

Backup

User Info Menu

I don't understand all of the angst & anger about Wallace not signing his tender. His contract situation is a negotiation between himself & the Steelers - if he signs the tender, he loses what minimal leverage he has. Plus, it's not like he's being militant about the whole thing, mouthing off in public like T.O. would.

I don't blame him for not signing the tender in April, over 3 months from the start of training camp. There's no sense in him risking injury during off-season activities, as an injury would further reduce his leverage.

Let this play out, there's plenty of time to get this done.

Pete
    It's not what you do, it's how you do it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSize View Post
    I don't understand all of the angst & anger about Wallace not signing his tender. His contract situation is a negotiation between himself & the Steelers - if he signs the tender, he loses what minimal leverage he has. Plus, it's not like he's being militant about the whole thing, mouthing off in public like T.O. would.

I don't blame him for not signing the tender in April, over 3 months from the start of training camp. There's no sense in him risking injury during off-season activities, as an injury would further reduce his leverage.

Let this play out, there's plenty of time to get this done.

Pete
    Ahhh, a voice of reason. We'll have none of that here Mister!

There's nothing wrong with a kid fresh off of his first Pro Bowl trying to do the best he can for himself. It doesn't make him a bad Steeler or something.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Mike Wallace makes our team better. Mike Wallace makes Antonio Brown, Manny Sanders, Jerricho Cotchery, and Heath Miller better. Mike Wallace makes Ben Roethlisberger better. He takes the top off the defense. He opens up the underneath routes for all the other guys because teams have no choice but to roll coverage to Mike's side. He can score from anywhere on the field and that is an asset that not many teams have. He fell off in the second half last year but come on, he was playing with a QB who was playing on a broken frickin' ankle. Ben could put nothing on the deep balls and when he did he had limited accuracy. I agree that Mr. Wallace doesn't deserve Fitzgerald money but I would say something comparable to Vincent Jackson would be fair. The Steelers will find a way to keep both Wallace and Brown, they always find a way to keep the most important guys. This team is in somewhat of a transition but those are two that will lead the organization into the future. The WR's and Ben make this team a Super Bowl contender in a league that has turned more towards the pass. They need to find a couple of guys in the draft that can keep Ben upright and they will be as dangerous as anyone!!!
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AkronSteel View Post
    Mike Wallace makes our team better. Mike Wallace makes Antonio Brown, Manny Sanders, Jerricho Cotchery, and Heath Miller better. Mike Wallace makes Ben Roethlisberger better. He takes the top off the defense. He opens up the underneath routes for all the other guys because teams have no choice but to roll coverage to Mike's side. He can score from anywhere on the field and that is an asset that not many teams have. He fell off in the second half last year but come on, he was playing with a QB who was playing on a broken frickin' ankle. Ben could put nothing on the deep balls and when he did he had limited accuracy. I agree that Mr. Wallace doesn't deserve Fitzgerald money but I would say something comparable to Vincent Jackson would be fair. The Steelers will find a way to keep both Wallace and Brown, they always find a way to keep the most important guys. This team is in somewhat of a transition but those are two that will lead the organization into the future. The WR's and Ben make this team a Super Bowl contender in a league that has turned more towards the pass. They need to find a couple of guys in the draft that can keep Ben upright and they will be as dangerous as anyone!!!
    Wallace can't throw the ball to himself. He has flaws as a WR. Wanting Top 3 WR money is nuts since that is in the range of what franchise QBs make. He doesn't deserve it.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Wallace can't throw the ball to himself. He has flaws as a WR. Wanting Top 3 WR money is nuts since that is in the range of what franchise QBs make. He doesn't deserve it.
    I agree that he has flaws, he needs to do a better job of going after the ball in the air and he could develop more consistent hands but saying that, the numbers he has put up speak to the fact that he can be one of the games greatest's if he continues to make himself better. Some of us forget that the guy is only in his third year and has not even entered his prime.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

holy over-reaction batman!!!

you would think wallace tried to steal old man rooneys checkbook.