Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers interested in Tennessee QB Tyler Bray?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    if I'm not mistaken, bray beat 1 team with a winning record while at UT. That's pathetic.

he was also under center when they lost to kentucky for the 1st time in 30 years. That's even worse.

I've heard a lot of stuff about this kid behind the scenes. I don't want him anywhere near the steelers roster.
    That is your preference. I read the reports and watched the tape on him. If the Steelers do draft him I trust they have confidence in him.

Bray did beat some teams with winning records but none of the big boys of the SEC & It wasn't many. In 2012, TN lost to Florida, Georgia, Mississippi St, Alabama, South Carolina, Missouri, & Vanderbilt....All SEC teams. So 4 of those loses came against teams ranked in the Top 10 and 1 in the Top 25. Bray was 147/266 55% 1,745 15/11. Those aren't bad numbers against SEC powerhouses. What you are forgeting is that TN was dead last in scoring defense in the SEC giving up 35.7 points a game. That would be 107th national out of 124. They were 4th in scoring offense in the SEC at 36.2 points a game. That came in at 22nd out of 124. So before you put records on Bray understand the facts. Bray had his faults but he was on a bad defensive team with a poor coach.

In 2011, TN lost to a 5-7 Kentucky team @ Kentucky 10-7. The week before Kentucky lost to #19 Georgia @ Georgia 19-10. YEP...Don't draft him. That is all the reason right there.

You do know that good players come from bad teams. That must be a Shocker.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm sure I know more about bray than you, no offense.

he's a bum.

you mignt want to check on how many teams he beat with a winning record. If memory serves, cincinatti in his sophmore year was the only one. I've watched about every game this kid played and saw him 6-8 times in person. The only positive I see is that he throws a very good deep ball. Probably better than half the QBs in the nfl right now.

off the field, this guy is a disaster. From the beer bottle incident, to being a problem with the S&C staff, to admitting not watching film after losses. Hell, his own OC said he didn't prepare well enough and as a result they were very limited in what they could do at the LOS. And even 2 days ago he was STILL making excuses about why he is just now putting on weight and getting stronger. Dollar menu my ass.
    Last edited by Eddie Spaghetti; 03-22-2013 at 01:38 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

he's a bum.
    On a personal level...You may. They way you are expressing you hate about him it sounds like you know him as in met him. From a football standpoint based on his tape...I don't think you know more about Bray. If you are or were his team mate or a coach or on the staff @ TN or know him from CA....You may know more about the person. I don't know where you are from so I will just have to take your word for it. But I would still draft him.
    Last edited by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY; 03-22-2013 at 01:43 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    You do know that good players come from bad teams. That must be a Shocker.
    Not nearly as often with QBs... guys like Jay Cutler, continue to be Jay Cutler... damn meansurables... when it comes to QBs, winners are winners.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Mid-March Mock
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Jermiah Trotter, ILB, Clemson
    3.98 - Christian Jones, OT, Texas

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    This kid is a loser. Mentally weak, total lack of leadership skills, and a complete knuckle-head off the field. Add bad mechanics and there you have it. He's a lot closer the second coming of Ryan Leaf than even a marginal NFL QB.
    That's exactly what I was thinking, Ryan Leaf

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    Not nearly as often with QBs... guys like Jay Cutler, continue to be Jay Cutler... damn meansurables... when it comes to QBs, winners are winners.
    Winner, winner, chicken dinner

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

he's a bum.

you mignt want to check on how many teams he beat with a winning record. If memory serves, cincinatti in his sophmore year was the only one. I've watched about every game this kid played and saw him 6-8 times in person. The only positive I see is that he throws a very good deep ball. Probably better than half the QBs in the nfl right now.

off the field, this guy is a disaster. From the beer bottle incident, to being a problem with the S&C staff, to admitting not watching film after losses. Hell, his own OC said he didn't prepare well enough and as a result they were very limited in what they could do at the LOS. And even 2 days ago he was STILL making excuses about why he is just now putting on weight and getting stronger. Dollar menu my ass.
    I said there wasn't many. '12 was NC State.. '11 was Montana & Cincinnati....'10 it was TN Martin. Vandy was .500 in '11 before their bowl and Kentucky was .500 before their bowl in '10.

Kid could play football. That is plain as day. If he interviews well and I think it is a maturity issue...I'm drafting him 3 & down. Give him direction. Won't be the first or last time a character-maturity prospect gets drafted by the Steelers. Hope for the "Boom" and the Steelers benefit from the gamble.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    You can say on the other hand Winners flop. That door swings back too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    You can say on the other hand Winners flop. That door swings back too.
    some winners flop... NO losers succeed... name one...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Mid-March Mock
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Jermiah Trotter, ILB, Clemson
    3.98 - Christian Jones, OT, Texas

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

We already have one bonehead who plays like he is in his frat's intramural team with a keg on the sideline. Why would we need another jack@ss at QB?