Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: We didn't need that drama!!!!!!

Backup

User Info Menu

We didn't need that drama!!!!!!

If we down the ball at the 1 with 1:28 seconds left and 2nd down...the play would last 3 seconds - 35 seconds = 50 seconds. Down the ball on 3rd down - another 38 seconds= 12 seconds left. Kick Chip shot FG and win the game. Why we ran the ball in the endzone with Bell baffles me????

Anywho...We are STILL ALIVE!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I know..... Tomlin does some stupid things.....
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

When Ben was in shot gun, I thought he was gonna take the knee there...... Putting them on the 5 for an easy FG attempt.
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

Legend

User Info Menu

The only reason there was drama was because the steelers continue to mismanage the clock. The steelers get a 1st down on the one and the packers have one timeout and e Steeler don't take a knee three times and kick a field goal to win with less than 5 seconds on the clock. Just not good decision making and time management.

Pappt

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Backup

User Info Menu

Its on the coaches....If I knew this sitting in my boxers at home, how can the guy making millions of dollars not know this????

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

And of course it was the very 1st question asked in the PC, and Tomlin says that wanted the TD and the points because---- You never know what might happen on a FG... in that weather- ball exchange, etc.. Hey Tomlin..... what about your extra point? You need that to go up 7, cause your ST could even just as easily give back a return for TD on that turf....

His reasoning is just WRONG.
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

Legend

User Info Menu

If we took all that time off and kicked a FG with 12 seconds left, then we would have needed Shamarko Thomas to prevent a game winning kickoff return for a TD instead of a potential game tying kickoff return for a TD.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    And of course it was the very 1st question asked in the PC, and Tomlin says that wanted the TD and the points because---- You never know what might happen on a FG... in that weather- ball exchange, etc.. Hey Tomlin..... what about your extra point? You need that to go up 7, cause your ST could even just as easily give back a return for TD on that turf....

His reasoning is just WRONG.
    Wrong reasoning and almost costly, fortunately green bay shot themselves in the foot a bunch of times today.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    If we took all that time off and kicked a FG with 12 seconds left, then we would have needed Shamarko Thomas to prevent a game winning kickoff return for a TD instead of a potential game tying kickoff return for a TD.
    Its still poor time management; the second bad decision was not Squibb kicking the kickoff and allowing the packers to set up a return. Unfortunately, these types of clock management mistakes are normal. It needs to get better.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Its still poor time management; the second bad decision was not Squibb kicking the kickoff and allowing the packers to set up a return. Unfortunately, these types of clock management mistakes are normal. It needs to get better.

Pappy
    You read my mind.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]