Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Le’Veon Bell has a mid-foot sprain, will undergo an MRI

Legend

User Info Menu

A weight bearing x-ray of the foot will tell you much. In the general medical world, an MRI wouldn't be ordered unless the x-rays indicated ligament damage or fracture. But, in the NFL world...I'm not sure of their protocols. I would assume they are more aggressive with MRIs. Generally speaking, if a doc ordered an MRI after the x-ray that in of itself would be a concern.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Our running back coach said he has never coached a guy like him. I trust his opinion, and my own eyes over your prejudice against the Big Ten.
    The thing that worries me most about Bell is the sheer number of carries he had last year. I know they weren't NFL carries, but close to 400 carries typically means a RB will be hurt the following year.

I was also a little concerned about his dancing and spin moves not working at the NFL level. But he has to get healthy first before we see if that's a concern.

Backup

User Info Menu

Just wondering, since it is what ?...9 PM now in Pittsburgh, and the MRI that was getting done this morning on Bell would take no longer then 45 minutes, and maybe a hour tops to review...why haven't we heard anything yet ? If it was not too serious, you'd assume they would have announced something. But if it is serious, and Bell will be out a while, maybe they're keeping quiet til they can fanangle a RB from someone else first ??? But one thing for sure is that it would take no longer then 3 total hours TOPS to get the complete story on Bell's injured foot. And that took place like 13 hours ago.

Hmmm, I wonder what's up!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sedatedsteelerfan View Post
    Just wondering, since it is what ?...9 PM now in Pittsburgh, and the MRI that was getting done this morning on Bell would take no longer then 45 minutes, and maybe a hour tops to review...why haven't we heard anything yet ? If it was not too serious, you'd assume they would have announced something. But if it is serious, and Bell will be out a while, maybe they're keeping quiet til they can fanangle a RB from someone else first ??? But one thing for sure is that it would take no longer then 3 total hours TOPS to get the complete story on Bell's injured foot. And that took place like 13 hours ago.

Hmmm, I wonder what's up!
    I was thinking the same thing this afternoon when the Skins came out with news that Cousins had his MRI done and it was negative. I can't see them wanting to keep it quiet to shop for a RB though, if he is seriously hurt they will go with what they already have.

Backup

User Info Menu

Bouchette tweeted this about an hour ago:

"[URL="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Steelers&src=hash"]#Steelers[/URL] RB Le'Veon Bell's injury to right foot not as significant as teammate Matt Spaeth's Lisfranc."

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrCalculus View Post

"[URL="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Steelers&src=hash"]#Steelers[/URL] RB Le'Veon Bell's injury to right foot not as significant as teammate Matt Spaeth's Lisfranc."

Well thats good, but how good ? Matt is out at least 10 weeks. Now if Bell is out say 3 weeks, no biggie. But, if he is out say 8 weeks, then really, his rookie season will be a wash in all likelyhood.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrCalculus View Post

Ed Bouchette ‏@EdBouchette:

Still, as a RB mid foot injury could keep Bell sidelined for awhile

[URL]https://twitter.com/EdBouchette[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Backup

User Info Menu

Great news now just keep the kid out until he's healthy.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Ed Bouchette ‏@EdBouchette:

Still, as a RB mid foot injury could keep Bell sidelined for awhile

[URL]https://twitter.com/EdBouchette[/URL]

Thanks for showing the rest. I will wait for the steelers official word. But right now, I wouldn't expect Bell to be back til at least game 5 to 6 in the regular season. And even then, it will be as a back-up til he gets his conditioning back.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I thought that maybe Tomlin was playing with fire putting him out there with the recent knee injuries, and should have rested the knees. It's a long season, and he'd catch up a couple of games into the regular season. But Tomlin's playing hardball this pre-season, for better or worse.