Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steelers Continue to Check Out Late First Rounders

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Never doubt how desperate teams without franchise quarterbacks get if Manziel, Bridgewater, Carr, or Bortles start to fall and there's a team in front of them with a need at quarterback. I think one of two things is going to happen for the Steelers and they are both good things, either 3 or 4 of these quarterbacks get drafted before 1.15 thus dropping a player that the Steelers never believed to be available right into their laps or only one or two of them get drafted early and a team gets desparate and wants to move up a couple spots to get their guy at 1.15.

Either way the Steelers win and get great value and a great player or they get an extra pick or two in a deep draft. I think the Steelers win big in this draft.

Pappy
    I hear what you are saying WRT scenario #2, but #15 is not a spot that any team would need to climb to without somewhat of a frenzy. Who are the teams who might look to move up to grab one of the last guys?

#18 Jets now have a young first rounder and a vet to hold the spot down.
    #19 Dolphins seem happy with Tannehill
    #20 Cards big time candidate
    #26 Cleveland another possibility

So if Cleveland wants to move past Arizona, they have 4 calls to make before the phone rings on the Steelers table. The best case scenario is that Arizona catches wind of these dealings and then has to jump ahead of wherever Cleveland wants to go. Not out of the question, but a lot of dominoes must fall into place before the last one gets knocked down.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

It would seem that they're only doing their draft homework based on a number of possible scenarios...plus possibly creating a smokescreen or two while they're at it.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I would love to see Tuitt available for our Round 2 pick
    I'd gladly take Tuitt in round 2 as well.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I would hope Kyle Fuller's in play if they indeed get a partner for a trade down. Don't think he's been in for a visit, but I may have missed it.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I'd gladly take Tuitt in round 2 as well.
    I'd be quite pleased with that. He has the prototypical size that the Steelers look for in a 3-4 DE.