Thread: Now that we are down to 53, who do think gets scratched on Sunday?

Legend

User Info Menu

Now that we are down to 53, who do think gets scratched on Sunday?

Heath Miller and Le'Veon Bell aren't playing, so there's two (with Speath on IR/DTR, he doesn't count anymore).

Will Johnson has also been hobbled this week. There is a chance he doesn't play (and David Johnson takes over the hybrid FB/TE role with Paulson and Palmer the more traditional TE's).

Landry Jones won't be playing. We're good with Ben and Bruce.

We usually dress 7 OL, so I'd imagine that Cody Wallace will backup Pouncey and Beachum will backup everyone else, meaning that Guy Whimper would be in street clothes.

We are probably okay with Brown, Sanders, Cotchery, and Wheaton at WR, so Moye may take a seat.

We should be okay with Golden and Shark behind Troy and Clark, so Cromartie-Smith may not play.

And finally, among our backup ILB population, we will probably play 2 for ST's and sit one...if I had to guess, it would be that Kion Wilson and Terence Garvin suit up and Vince Williams does not.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think you got it about right. Maybe Fangupo doesn't get a hat so we can dress Smith or Williams for ST?

Or maybe Tomlin dresses 8 on the OLine given how many injuries we've had recently?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

As much as I hate to say it, I think Guy Whimper will get a hat. In my non-professional estimation, Wallace just hasn't had time to integrate himself into the OL schemes.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I think you got it about right. Maybe Fangupo doesn't get a hat so we can dress Smith or Williams for ST?

Or maybe Tomlin dresses 8 on the OLine given how many injuries we've had recently?
    I was thinking the same thing about Fangupo. With Woods and Ziggy being able to play NT there is the flexibility that Fangupo doesn't have to dress.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    As much as I hate to say it, I think Guy Whimper will get a hat. In my non-professional estimation, Wallace just hasn't had time to integrate himself into the OL schemes.
    I was (unfortunately) leaning in that direction as well.