Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Fan Favorite Baron Batch Destined For the Turk?

Legend

User Info Menu

Is Fan Favorite Baron Batch Destined For the Turk?

Batch is the worst RB on our roster so far.

Do we give him time and the benefit of the doubt to come back from injury? or do we cut ties now and roll with Ford?

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Batch is the worst RB on our roster so far.

Do we give him time and the benefit of the doubt to come back from injury? or do we cut ties now and roll with Ford?
    At this point, neither will be on the team for game 1...

I do think that Batch may spend a year on the PS...before this preseason, he hadn't played in a game since being in college...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

He has the distinct disadvantage of running behind what has to be the worst 2nd-string O-Line in the league - has our O-Line scout been fired yet?

That said, Ford looked better than I thought he would.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Legend

User Info Menu

By Ralph Paulk

Published: Sunday, August 19, 2012

• Antonio Brown dodged several Colts en route to the end zone on 67-yard TD catch in the first quarter. But credit tight end Heath Miller and running back Baron Batch with assists. Miller created a seam with a block on the boundary, then Batch took out two defenders to clear a path to the end zone. Batch missed last season with a knee injury but has bolstered his chances of making the team.

[URL]http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2437836-85/rainey-quarter-game-wayne-yard-yards-batch-completed-johnson-knee[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

One good block does not make up for a 2.2 YPC average after two games.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    One good block does not make up for a 2.2 YPC average after two games.

I missed the 2nd half last night, but from what I've seen, he had absolutely nothing as far as help from his blockers when running.

I've seen him mentioned as the most complete player among the backups in regards to running, catching, and especially blocking. That will keep you on a team.

Legend

User Info Menu

Neither Batch looked very good last night. Baron got the same chances as Dwyer with the "first-team" OL and produced squat. Dwyer looked more explosive and ran harder at the point of attack. And could someone tell me how we still have a dinosaur named Charlie competing for 2nd string QB? He looked horrible last night. I though Jarrod Johnson was solid.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Baron Batch will make this team. The only way he doesn't is if they sign a veteran RB because of injuries.

Batch has been no way as bad as he is being indicted for given he is running behind players who won't be on the final roster.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree with Oviedo - B Batch makes the roster. And while 1 block isn't everything, coaches love guys who sprint 40 yards downfield to help another player find the end zone. He may be rusty but he's got some talent and a whole lot of heart.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Evaluated on running the ball, he left an uninspired impression last night. The team's evaluation will be more broad than one dimension and one game. Predict that he makes the team, contributes on ST's and 3rd downs lining up in the backfield to block and serve as a checkdown receiver.