Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whisenhunt Out in AZ

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    It's steeler relevant in my opinion.
    Of course it is, because there no longer is a SURE place for ex-Steelers looking for a landing place (i.e. Harrison, Hampton, Starks, Mendenhall...) when their Steeler career ends.

On the subject of Haley going there, I think it would be a big mistake for him. His 2nd HC job (assuming he wants one) is the one that will largely define him. He fails there... he likely won't see a 3rd shot. What he needs to do is dutifully work with a franchise QB like Rothlisberger, build back his reputation (it's not hard to quickly be deemed a "guru")--and then be able to choose your landing spot.

Legend

User Info Menu

Whisenhunt failed! Something the Rooney's knew 6 years ago.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Of course it is, because there no longer is a SURE place for ex-Steelers looking for a landing place (i.e. Harrison, Hampton, Starks, Mendenhall...) when their Steeler career ends.

On the subject of Haley going there, I think it would be a big mistake for him. His 2nd HC job (assuming he wants one) is the one that will largely define him. He fails there... he likely won't see a 3rd shot. What he needs to do is dutifully work with a franchise QB like Rothlisberger, build back his reputation (it's not hard to quickly be deemed a "guru")--and then be able to choose your landing spot.
    I agree about Haley. Too soon for him to get back into the HC saddle again. He needs to look for a better situation than AZ with zero QB options in a year with a bad QB draft.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Rookie

User Info Menu

Mendenhall is probably the best RB as far as measurables. It's his intangible qualities that suck donkeys....

Legend

User Info Menu

Does this man get a chance?
    [url]http://www.steelers.com/team/coaches/kirby-wilson/144a7382-e023-4c44-888c-14152aa04229[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

John Clayton said it wouldn't surprise him if Haley goes to Arizona as HC and Whiz ends up back in Pittsburgh as OC.

IMO, I'd bet Wisenhunt will be HC in San Diego.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    John Clayton said it wouldn't surprise him if Haley goes to Arizona as HC and Whiz ends up back in Pittsburgh as OC.

IMO, I'd bet Wisenhunt will be HC in San Diego.
    I usually like John Clayton, but this is espn vomit imo. Andy Reid and Bill Cowher to me, would seem the favorites for San Diego. the Chin always had a man crush on Rivers.

We will see Haley as OC again for Pittsburgh, I'm glad too, I think he will only improve. One request though: fire up the intensity, seemed like he was walking on eggshells this year.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska