Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Walter Football 3-Round Mock

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

So Steelers don't have WRs and RBs and they draft a ILB in Rd 1???

What about Sly/Spence?? Have Steelers given up on them??

Then they go on and draft a OLB?? Is Worlids a bust?? Or they are looking for a replacement for Fat Woodley??

This draft is weird and i would be pissed if they go 2 LB in first 3 draft picks..
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Legend

User Info Menu

The one thing I do like about that mock is that it addresses the need for playmakers at linebacker, DL's defense needs impact LB's to be effective. Oh and RB, I was going to include the 4th round, but it was unavailable last night, I think it was being updated.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post
    So Steelers don't have WRs and RBs and they draft a ILB in Rd 1???

What about Sly/Spence?? Have Steelers given up on them??

Then they go on and draft a OLB?? Is Worlids a bust?? Or they are looking for a replacement for Fat Woodley??

This draft is weird and i would be pissed if they go 2 LB in first 3 draft picks..
    It all has to do with value...

All of the players selected are good value at their respective spots...

ILB is a need...there is no doubt...

OLB...who do the Steelers have after Woodley and Worilds? Harrison may be gone...what has Carter done? Robinson?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    This is totally going to make Ovi sick. How are we ever going to protect our QB?
    Note that when we are losing games and missing the play offs next year because Ben is on the sideline hurt!

Seriously though, if we resigned Starks and Foster and kept Colon I would be OK with that draft. If we let all three go then we have hopes and prayers on the OL and we won't have the offense necesasary to be a serious play off team
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post
    This draft is weird and i would be pissed if they go 2 LB in first 3 draft picks.
    I thought about this statement and came to the conclusion that I personally wouldn't be upset no matter who the team picked. They are with these guys every day and know what the organization needs better than I do. I'm just a cheering fan, not running the team or anything. It's just a different perspective I suppose.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Note that when we are losing games and missing the play offs next year because Ben is on the sideline hurt!

Seriously though, if we resigned Starks and Foster and kept Colon I would be OK with that draft. If we let all three go then we have hopes and prayers on the OL and we won't have the offense necesasary to be a serious play off team
    Ben didnt get hurt because of the O-line. He got hurt because he held on to the ball too long. The O-line gave up 37 sacks all last year. Which compared to league average isn't that bad.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post

Another high pick on the OL would just be another hope and prayer...

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    It all has to do with value...

All of the players selected are good value at their respective spots...

ILB is a need...there is no doubt...

OLB...who do the Steelers have after Woodley and Worilds? Harrison may be gone...what has Carter done? Robinson?
    Safety is a must. Hopefully Robert Golden will turn out but who knows. We need a future starter that can see immediate playing time in our sub-packages.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    if this mock played out that way, I think I would go:

1) Dion Jordan OLB Oregon
    2) Eddie Lacy RB Alabama
    3) Ryan Swope WR Texas A&M
    4) Philip Thomas S Fresno St
    Always a fun game (and good choices, by the way). I'd probably go something like this:

1. Manti Te'o, ILB, Notre Dame
    2. Jesse Williams, DT, Alabama
    3. Robert Lester, S, Alabama
    4. Stepfan Taylor, RB, Stanford

Improvements right down the middle of our aging defense (where Hampton, Foote, Polamalu, and Clark are almost as old as I am). We were interested in Hightower at ILB last year (but DeCastro fell into our laps and was too great of a value to pass up). Spence showed promise in his first camp, but his knee injury was so brutal that I wonder if he will ever be back to being the same player (particularly for someone whose game is based on speed). Te'o can provide Farrior-like leadership from the middle of our defense (which I think was lacking this year). Williams has the versatility to play NT or DE in a 3-4. What they could do is have Williams rotating at NT with Ta'Amu or Fangupo (depending on Alameda's legal status, of course) and moving McLendon over to DE to rotate with Hood, Heyward, and Keisel. McLendon and Hood could potentially also move inside as well. A well-rounded group up front. We need some real depth at safety (Will Allen turns 31 himself this summer), and Lester can learn from Troy and Clark and develop for the future (I probably would have jumped on Eric Reid in round 2 if the Cowboys hadn't nabbed him one spot ahead of us). Taylor is a solid three-down back. He may not "wow" you like other guys who are oozing with natural ability, but he seems to be a hard worker who can run, catch, and block well. My only caveat is if we don't re-sign Max Starks. If that's the case, I don't think we can go into next season with just Gilbert and Adams and Beachum backing them up. In that case, my 4th round pick would be OT Ricky Wagner from Wisconsin instead. Then I might use my 5th round pick on talented, but injury prone RB in Marcus Lattimore...he has first round talent when healthy, but has torn the ACL's (and other ligaments as well) in both knees in the last 2 seasons (horrible for a RB). For a 5th round pick, it's a worthy gamble that he could surprise and turn into a Willis McGahee type in the NFL following horrific college injuries.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Get the IL from free agency and the OLB form the draft. A rookie ILB is not going to step right into LeBeau defense right away and we need help NOW.