Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ben expected to return for Ravens II?

Backup

User Info Menu

Ben expected to return for Ravens II?

[URL="http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/jason-la-canfora/21094429/the-nfl-today-williams-reinstatement-a-growing-issue-in-bounty-hearings"]According to La Canfora...Ben expected back week 13

[/URL]
    Last edited by ROLROC; 11-22-2012 at 05:51 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

The guy was in a sling last Sunday and now he is going to be slinging a ball around next Sunday. No freakin way! If he comes back he won't be effective.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Maybe have him in as a backup to Charlie and if only needed. I want to see Ben be able to enjoy his old age and I also don't want to see a guy that looked as if he escaped traction to come out and play football as Ben did last season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    Maybe have him in as a backup to Charlie and if only needed. I want to see Ben be able to enjoy his old age and I also don't want to see a guy that looked as if he escaped traction to come out and play football as Ben did last season.
    Exactly. Just rewatch the 49ers game last year to remember why this would be a terrible idea.

Backup

User Info Menu

Maybe he wasn't that injured to begin with. We pay the guy $100 million to play QB, why would anyone care if he enjoys his old age? If you want him to enjoy his old age he probably should have played baseball. If he is using his arm with no pain, as reported he should play immediately..it's his job.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SDSteel1 View Post
    Maybe he wasn't that injured to begin with. We pay the guy $100 million to play QB, why would anyone care if he enjoys his old age? If you want him to enjoy his old age he probably should have played baseball. If he is using his arm with no pain, as reported he should play immediately..it's his job.
    Like I said, rewatch last year's 49ers game and you see how poorly he played trying to force it when he was clearly too hurt. I could care less if these guys have aches and pains 20 years from now, heck I sure do. What I am concerend about is putting him out there and having him underperform and lose a game or us lose the most importnat player on the team because he can't do what he does when healthy.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Like I said, rewatch last year's 49ers game and you see how poorly he played trying to force it when he was clearly too hurt. I could care less if these guys have aches and pains 20 years from now, heck I sure do. What I am concerend about is putting him out there and having him underperform and lose a game or us lose the most importnat player on the team because he can't do what he does when healthy.
    Last year he had a leg injury, so he was unable to move around the pocket. It made him a sitting duck. If he can't throw he shouldn't play, but if he can throw at 50-75% he is a better option than anything else we have to win. He knows the offense better than any other QB available, and if he can walk he is a better option than Batch. Just the fact that Tomlin played Lefty with broken ribs and a separated shoulder and didn't put Batch in there last week should tell you that. Why do you think Ben toughed it out last year? Because there is no other option if we want to win. Don't believe the early hype you heard regarding the injuries, he took his game off, and if he says he is ready, play him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SDSteel1 View Post
    if he can throw at 50-75% he is a better option than anything else we have to win.
    Leftwich has an absolute cannon for an arm, but by the final drive the Baltimore game, he was throwing at 50-75% due to the assorted injuries he sustained turning that game (which, coincidentally, were to the ribs and shoulder, like Ben). We saw what happened there...David Gilreath was WIDE OPEN downfield on a third and long that would have have put them in FG range to tie, and Leftwich shorthopped him by nearly 10 yards. I don't want another QB in there this week throwing at 50-75% (now, 80-90% might be another story). In this Haley offense, which features quick decisions on short-to-intermediate routes, let's see what ol' Batch can do...it seems like a seasoned vet like this should be alright with that scheme.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Leftwich has an absolute cannon for an arm, but by the final drive the Baltimore game, he was throwing at 50-75% due to the assorted injuries he sustained turning that game (which, coincidentally, were to the ribs and shoulder, like Ben). We saw what happened there...David Gilreath was WIDE OPEN downfield on a third and long that would have have put them in FG range to tie, and Leftwich shorthopped him by nearly 10 yards. I don't want another QB in there this week throwing at 50-75% (now, 80-90% might be another story). In this Haley offense, which features quick decisions on short-to-intermediate routes, let's see what ol' Batch can do...it seems like a seasoned vet like this should be alright with that scheme.
    But do we even know if he has a problem with the shoulder and throwing, or is it the dislocated rib that could pierce his aorta?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

From what I've heard the rib is the bigger problem and as long as Ben is cleared to play then let's get him on the field. I could care less if Ben can walk in 20 years or not. Does anyone know what Jerome Bettis has to go through every day just to get out of bed? It's definitely not a treat! My point is though that we don't know or care what it takes to get the Bus out of the garage all we care about is if we win this upcoming Sunday. I love the old guys but they are in my memory after they have retired. I say if he is ready to go and can practice during the week then get him out there because this team is good enough to go for it!
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>