Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone else going to maybe not watch the Superbowl this year?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    right... I'm giving the side eye to anyone not watching. WTF is that about? I love the Steelers but damn... football doesn't stop when they don't make the playoffs. Now, I won't have a problem getting up and doing random things or missing a few plays but not watching at all?
    Look sideways all you want. I've already almost eliminated amateur football from my life (college or HS). There's too much to do in life to waste it on things I don't want to see. The 49er's and Ravens don't interest me even a little. The Texans and the Seahawks might have been interesting enough to watch, but why bother with teams I actively don't like?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Look sideways all you want. I've already almost eliminated amateur football from my life (college or HS). There's too much to do in life to waste it on things I don't want to see. The 49er's and Ravens don't interest me even a little. The Texans and the Seahawks might have been interesting enough to watch, but why bother with teams I actively don't like?
    because its Football on the biggest stage.... just seems odd hearing people shun the SuperBowl since that's party time for most regardless of who's playing.

Is there really too much to do in 3 hours on a sunday evening? LOL... I'm just messing around. Do you.... but I still side eye. LOL.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

because its Football on the biggest stage.... just seems odd hearing people shun the SuperBowl since that's party time for most regardless of who's playing.

Is there really too much to do in 3 hours on a sunday evening? LOL... I'm just messing around. Do you.... but I still side eye. LOL.
    Fair enough.

Oddly, I've never cared for the "party" aspect of football. It's just never been a part of my life. I even sing in a rock band and I don't "party like a rockstar." In fact, I'll probably be doing something something related to that while the SB is going on (not performing, of course).

Legend

User Info Menu

right... I'm giving the side eye to anyone not watching. WTF is that about? I love the Steelers but damn... football doesn't stop when they don't make the playoffs. Now, I won't have a problem getting up and doing random things or missing a few plays but not watching at all?
    Actually, football does stop for me once the Steelers are eliminated and the season is over. Football has become almost impossible to watch when I don't have an emotional stake in the game, between commercials, replays, poor refereeing and the rule changes that have neutered defenses I can't watch an entire game Super Bowl or any other game. I'm sure I'll watch to some degree, but I won't be glued to the TV as if it's must see TV. I'm hoping for my wife to get bored at about the same time I do.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

So, watch a game with teams I don't care about instead of fishing, when I am VERY passionate about that?

Hmmm.

Bring on the sideways eyes. I good with that.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I will watch. As much as I am not that interested in either team, it's the super bowl!! I'm hoping for a good game, however I do expect the ravens to win. Everything has been falling into place for them so I reckon they'll finish the job. Quite frankly, I'm ready for them to get their cookie and get the hell on... I'm sick of all of 'em! Especially the Harbros...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I saw there was some controversy over the head ref they put in charge of the Superbowl. He is a black dude from DC and some former ref's are saying there is no way he had the highest rating and that he was handed this when he shouldn't have gotten it. Some people were saying expect there to be a lot of flags against San Francisco on big plays. Apparently this dude was in charge of the Giants vs. Redskins game this year and the Giants were the least penalized team in the league heading into the game...but had 12 penalties called that game, and a penalty on almost all of their big plays. Hopefully this isn't rigged for Ray Ray.
    Last edited by Mister Pittsburgh; 02-01-2013 at 03:29 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    I saw there was some controversy over the head ref they put in charge of the Superbowl. He is a black dude from DC and some former ref's are saying there is no way he had the highest rating and that he was handed this when he shouldn't have gotten it. Some people were saying expect there to be a lot of flags against San Francisco on big plays. Apparently this dude was in charge of the Giants vs. Redskins game this year and the Giants were the least penalized team in the league heading into the game...but had 12 penalties called that game, and a penalty on almost all of their big plays. Hopefully this isn't rigged for Ray Ray.

I heard about this but I also heard the best refs aren't always in the SB (sports radio). Not sure if it's true...

I don't know if it's going to be rigged for Ray Ray but the last SB people talk about being rigged was in 2005. LOL...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RKSteel View Post
    Probably watch it, rooting for the score to equal my superbowl box numbers.
    I'm rooting for Niners 35, Ravens 17 (or 27...doesn't matter, as I have 5 for SF and 7 for BAL).

We always have a Super Bowl party at my house, so my wife is typically entertaining guests while me a few of the guys (and ladies) who come over are glued to the T.V. This year, since both teams make me want to dry heave, I'll likely due what she normally does...focus more on guests, food, commercials, halftime show, etc....while paying attention to the game itself only somewhat.

My random prediction: I'm predicting that the Ravens knock Kaepernick out of the game with an injury during the 2nd quarter of a tie game, and Alex Smith comes in cold and leads the Niners to victory and Super Bowl MVP honors.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Actually, football does stop for me once the Steelers are eliminated and the season is over. Football has become almost impossible to watch when I don't have an emotional stake in the game, between commercials, replays, poor refereeing and the rule changes that have neutered defenses I can't watch an entire game Super Bowl or any other game. I'm sure I'll watch to some degree, but I won't be glued to the TV as if it's must see TV. I'm hoping for my wife to get bored at about the same time I do.

Pappy
    i kind of agree with this but be sure to throw in the announcers. Have they annointed Kap the greatest QB of all time yet?
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.