Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Good that no one is talking about....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    What I find interesting is the Steelers put up 30+ points, and Haley is the problem? How about looking at the pink elephant in the room. LeBeau's D gave up 55 points. The writing has been on the wall for some years now, and it's time to make a change. Give him a scouting job or something...but get some intelligent go getter defensive minded coordinator.

And while I'm not ready to give Haley a pass on how poorly the O has played at times this season. I will say this...the O has looked better...has been putting up points. The O, despite all the injuries along the OL has outplayed the D. Lets just be honest...fans just don't like Haley. They don't want him in the Burgh...don't feel like he belongs. They point out that players and coaches don't like him.

Sounds like another coach...Bellichick. Have you ever heard of anyone who likes him? Including his own players?
    I'll admit, I jumped on a plane in Pittsburgh with the score 27 to 24 and when the plane touched down they had 55.

WTF? This D is bad... really bad. The O isn't much better but hell.... it is better than the D. We put too much money into too many aging vets. Clark is done, Troy looks to be done (given the money) and so does Ike (given the money).

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    We're 25th in scoring O with 19 ppg. We're 23rd in D giving up 26 ppg. Both units suck. Why does one have to take the blame and not the other?

We essentially need a top 5 D to hold opponents to less than our O scores. We'd only need a top 10 O to score more than our D gives up. Everything is a mess and it's one great big negative feedback loop. Ben turns the ball over like crazy which hurts the D. And the D doesn't get any turnovers making it harder on the O.

And we've become overly down on 2 of the best players in the history of the game who are struggling in this mess in Ben and Troy. Ben's pressing always playing from behind and taking chances he shouldn't. Troy is guessing like a madman trying to make something happen on his side. And their play is amplifying everything bad about this team.

Sometimes a turd is just a turd. I don't think we need to make excuses to justify bad play all around. It's ok to say Ben sucks. It's ok to say Troy sucks. It's ok to say Haley sucks. It's ok to say Lebeau sucks. Everything sucks - lol.
    *golf claps to all of this*

too many times we pick sides on this forum. Everything stinks right now... but you know what? It's OK. We RARELY have down years like this but they are bound to happen.

Honestly... what was more likely to happen given our run since 2005, a 4th SB appearance or a losing season?

Legend

User Info Menu

Flippy, I know you can see what I see...which is an O that can't control the LOS, protect Ben, or get a push in the running game. Tell me how much of that is Haley's fault? Some? All? None? Who knows. But, I tell you something...if the Steelers have a good OL, many things will fall into place including Ben having time to make better decisions...the long ball being set up by a strong running game...and even the D will benefit from breather time.

Sorry, I'm just not willing to blame all this on Haley who IMO is the least of the Steelers worries. Get a franchise LT, move Pouncey or Velasco to Guard...and let Adams, Gilbert and Beachum fight it out for the RT spot. That will cure much of your woes, and make Haley look like a genius.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Flippy, I know you can see what I see...which is an O that can't control the LOS, protect Ben, or get a push in the running game. Tell me how much of that is Haley's fault? Some? All? None? Who knows. But, I tell you something...if the Steelers have a good OL, many things will fall into place including Ben having time to make better decisions...the long ball being set up by a strong running game...and even the D will benefit from breather time.

Sorry, I'm just not willing to blame all this on Haley who IMO is the least of the Steelers worries. Get a franchise LT, move Pouncey or Velasco to Guard...and let Adams, Gilbert and Beachum fight it out for the RT spot. That will cure much of your woes, and make Haley look like a genius.
    I'm not going to blame Haley but if the players aren't responding to him he needs to go. OC's come and go all the time.

IMO though the OL coach and OL scouts should be banned from the facility. Something is seriously wrong with this unit.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by focosteeler View Post
    After Ben threw his first TD last night he and Haley looked like they were getting along pretty well over on the sideline. Haley came in with the reputation of being an a$$ and not getting along with players. I haven't seen it yet.
    Yes, but he also came in with the reputation of being an innovative offensive mind and I haven't seen that yet either.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I'm not going to blame Haley but if the players aren't responding to him he needs to go. OC's come and go all the time.

IMO though the OL coach and OL scouts should be banned from the facility. Something is seriously wrong with this unit.
    Unfortunately, the QB might be what's wrong with this unit. I've always suspected that Ben's play wears down his own line.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Unfortunately, the QB might be what's wrong with this unit. I've always suspected that Ben's play wears down his own line.
    I would agree but our run blocking SUCKS too...

Legend

User Info Menu

And a front 7 would make Lebeau look like a genius again

It's time for everyone to make the best tasting chicken salad out of the foulest chicken sh!t that they can. It's all a mess. And Haley is as big a problem as any. Look at his formations and predictable play calling. With a line as bad as we have, why would anyone in their right mind trot out a jumbo package with Cotchery as the WR? That's begging for 10/11 in the box against a line that can't block.

The situational football is predictable. I think Haley moved the pocket for the first time this season last night. There's so much he could be doing to help Ben out that he isn't. If the line can't block, why not incorporate more 3 step drops? Why keep Ben a sitting target all the time? Why use Johnson/Paulson ever? Why have Adams running routes as a TE?

Haley's putting Ben in position to take hits and make mistakes at an alarming rate. This is exactly what he was hired to prevent. Considering he's not doing what he was hired to do, I don't have a problem with moving on from him. Seriously, every player/coach on this team is indefensible right now.

Backup

User Info Menu

I don't think the players are responding to anybody. I've seen more lively zombies on The Walking Dead.

Legend

User Info Menu

If professionals are not "responding" to a coach...then we need new professionals. Who likes their boss? How many people have to connect with their boss in order to do a quality job? We treat these guys like they are children, therefore they act like children. I mean look at Bellichick. Name a player on his squad that likes the guy. Name someone in the league that likes the guy. He is the best coach in the NFL and he isn't popular, charismatic, nor does he have any catchy phrases for the newspapers.
    Trolls are people too.