Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Few PostGame Thoughts

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    The saving grace is that if someone claims Jones from our practice squad, they will have to elevate him to their active roster. So far, I don't think he makes anyones active roster so we may be able to stash him.
    $$$$
    I agree. Of course, there would be some risk involved, but I think it would be minimal.

Backup

User Info Menu

I must have watched a different game cause from what I saw, Wilson is NOT as good as Landry Jones. Yes, Wilson had the highest completion percentage, butb, did anyone else notice how bad his throws were ? 2 were really high, and one was way off the mark. All three were caught but the WR made the great catch rather then the throw was good. Landry, after his nerves settled down seemed to have a much better feel for the pocket, and a way better arm and release bthen Wilson had.

Also on a side note, it looked to me like Ben was very uncomfortable back there. I know he said publically that he and Haley are getting along better, and he accepts the offense. But I think that is just PR. Ben clearly looks like he doesn't like Haley's Offense. I could be wrong. But time will tell the tale. If Ben continues his struggles, I think it's because he clearly does not want to be in Haley;s offense.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sedatedsteelerfan View Post
    I must have watched a different game cause from what I saw, Wilson is NOT as good as Landry Jones. Yes, Wilson had the highest completion percentage, butb, did anyone else notice how bad his throws were ? 2 were really high, and one was way off the mark. All three were caught but the WR made the great catch rather then the throw was good. Landry, after his nerves settled down seemed to have a much better feel for the pocket, and a way better arm and release bthen Wilson had.

Also on a side note, it looked to me like Ben was very uncomfortable back there. I know he said publically that he and Haley are getting along better, and he accepts the offense. But I think that is just PR. Ben clearly looks like he doesn't like Haley's Offense. I could be wrong. But time will tell the tale. If Ben continues his struggles, I think it's because he clearly does not want to be in Haley;s offense.
    Agree about Jones and Wilson and Wilson is in Year 3 not week 3.

Didn't see the discomfort you saw in Ben. He would have gotten killed with Arians' offense and the mediocre OL play.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Rookie

User Info Menu

I must have watched a different game cause from what I saw, Wilson is NOT as good as Landry Jones. Yes, Wilson had the highest completion percentage, butb, did anyone else notice how bad his throws were ?
    His 4 sacks don't count as pass attempts...

Starter

User Info Menu

Agree on all the points NorthCoast.

Last year I think I was trying to cut Al Woods. But I can't remember why. He does seem to be down to business this year.

Maybe they should have the DB's practice as WR's for 20-30 minutes a day with the BU QB's. After all, doesn't everyone think they can be a star WR. A few Int's here and there sure would help. The announcers mentioned that Rod Woodson and Willie Parker are at the camp helping. Woodson IIRC always wanted a shot at flanker and I do think actually was given reps there. That never works, but it is fun. But anyway, maybe that would help the DB's hands.

7UP said: "I have been known to support Haleys offense. Last night it seemed like it was illegal to throw anything but a screen pass. And none of the screens seemed to work. You have to run at least some conventional passing plays. I hope that isnt a sign of whats to come this year."

This was my primary concern to screw up this coming season.

But, I am still buying into the idea that the stock answers are valid. 1. No one shows anything preseason 2. TS are practicing totally different than what they showed 3. Everyone [players, coaches, restroom attendants, hot dog vendors] just loves everything they are doing offensively now 4. The growing pains of a new system are over 5. Any 1 of the bunch of other whatever the word is to describe these type of explanations. Time will tell.

Backup

User Info Menu

Al Woods energy and effort are great. And his results are fantastic. But, usually that late in pre-season games, when Defensive players are going up against 3rd & 4th string O-Lines with NO chemistry, it's not surprising to get those results.
    That is why I agree that Al Woods MUST get a couple of starts at DE over Ziggy Hood, who has been extremely AVERAGE and Inconsistant since we drafted him. Start Woods over him, and lets see what he can do.

Legend

User Info Menu

Al Woods energy and effort are great. And his results are fantastic. But, usually that late in pre-season games, when Defensive players are going up against 3rd & 4th string O-Lines with NO chemistry, it's not surprising to get those results.
    That is why I agree that Al Woods MUST get a couple of starts at DE over Ziggy Hood, who has been extremely AVERAGE and Inconsistant since we drafted him. Start Woods over him, and lets see what he can do.
    Al Woods stood out against 3rd and 4th stringers which is a good sign.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Agree about Jones and Wilson and Wilson is in Year 3 not week 3.

Didn't see the discomfort you saw in Ben. He would have gotten killed with Arians' offense and the mediocre OL play.
    I saw a little discomfort but it was probably due to the OL looking pathetic on pass plays.

We watched Ben get hit, make plays and get to 2 SB's with Arians offense. Not sure why he is being brought up when it looks like Ben is also going to get killed in Haley's offense (AGAIN).

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Al Woods stood out against 3rd and 4th stringers which is a good sign.
    Yup. You can only play against the guys who are on the field.