Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Alex Carrington

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    IDK. if something miraculous doesnt happen the next couple years either thru FA or superb drafting, i dont see it happening while ben is still here
    In the cap era things can change on a dime.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    In the cap era things can change on a dime.
    This is true, I just don't know if the steelers are in a positionwith the cap to financially to do anything about it. I like what they have done thus far, minus dwyer and woods.. but we are a "Plug and play" FA or two from turning this thing around in 2014 I'm afraid. Carrington would be a huge signing at this point IMO.

Legend

User Info Menu

Retweeted by Ed Bouchette:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet:

DE Alex Carrington, formerly of the #Bills, is headed to Oakland today for a #Raiders visit, then off to the #Rams after that

[URL]https://twitter.com/EdBouchette[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Retweeted by Ed Bouchette:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet:

DE Alex Carrington, formerly of the #Bills, is headed to Oakland today for a #Raiders visit, then off to the #Rams after that

[URL]https://twitter.com/EdBouchette[/URL]
    I can only hope that the Steelers have made a fair and competitive offer for Alex. If they have and the money is close to other offers maybe he'll want to play for a team with more of a chance of winning.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TD386Steel View Post
    I can only hope that the Steelers have made a fair and competitive offer for Alex. If they have and the money is close to other offers maybe he'll want to play for a team with more of a chance of winning.
    I would also think the Steelers offer a better starting opportunity. With the Raiders/Rams, he's likely only be a rotational guy.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think we can close the door on Carrington coming here. Usually when the Steelers bring someone in and he leaves without a contract then it won't happen. Carrington must really want to shop around or he is asking for a ridiculous amount of money. The Steelers won't engage in a bidding war for any player, free agent or their own.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I think we can close the door on Carrington coming here. Usually when the Steelers bring someone in and he leaves without a contract then it won't happen. Carrington must really want to shop around or he is asking for a ridiculous amount of money. The Steelers won't engage in a bidding war for any player, free agent or their own.
    Apparently he passed his physical, had a good visit, and talks are on going

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Apparently he passed his physical, had a good visit, and talks are on going
    I won't hold my breath. Like I said, the Steelers are not going to get into the game of an agent shopping offers around.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Raiders have the $$$ to overspend, he'll probably get a 2 year deal from them...
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I was just about to write something very similar to this...Once a guy leaves our offices to other visits, you can kiss him goodbye. 95% of FA on the market it is about $$$$.