Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Football Leagues?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    John, I tried to send an email invite to the yahoo account you had last year and it comes back undeliverable, so yes it appears the account has been deactivated. Create a new one and PM me your new email address and I'll re-send the invite. You're the last one remaining to join and the league will be set. We have two new managers this year, Shawn and NorCalSteel.

Also, I made some scoring adjustments this year to include some bonuses for passing and rushing yards and things like this. Also, we'll be going with TEAM defenses this season instead of individual players. Any of the settings are changeable if the majority of folks want to to change them (you can review the settings on the league page). Also, the LIVE DRAFT is set for Saturday, AUG 24th, @ 9:00 pm EST. This also can be changed, but I'd like to have feedback early as the available slots will start to fill up. Thanks everyone.

-Joos

Our leagues are starting to develop individual personalities now. I like it. It's exciting.

Legend

User Info Menu

Also, we'll be going with TEAM defenses this season instead of individual players.
    I like it!! Individual players is a pain because yahoo doesn't rank them correctly so you have to go searching individually for them.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I like it!! Individual players is a pain because yahoo doesn't rank them correctly so you have to go searching individually for them.
    Exactly, one really big reason I chose to go team this year.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Sorry SFTO, that's the other league. Ours will continue to use IDP roster spots.

If you filter and sort D players by projected 2013 full season stats, you can easily get the "yahoo rank" of the player even if they don't outright do it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Exactly, one really big reason I chose to go team this year.
    I find it takes longer to rank D players than the O players, and that is for 4 spots that might account for around 25 points a week combined.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    Sorry SFTO, that's the other league. Ours will continue to use IDP roster spots.

If you filter and sort D players by projected 2013 full season stats, you can easily get the "yahoo rank" of the player even if they don't outright do it.
    I know, and I'll do both. Just my preference. BTW I'm thinking either JJ Watt or AP first overall, what do you think?

Legend

User Info Menu

I know, and I'll do both. Just my preference. BTW I'm thinking either JJ Watt or AP first overall, what do you think?
    I'd go Watt (if I were you, of course).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Thanks Jooser for sending out the new invite.

Do you guys want me to sticky this thread or create a new fantasy football thread?
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Thanks Jooser for sending out the new invite.

Do you guys want me to sticky this thread or create a new fantasy football thread?
    Either is fine, we can maybe start a new thread when the real season is here and let this one die at that point

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Were we good with posting our keeper on here D ROCK? Or is there an additional step?
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285