Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Steelers select RB Le'Veon Bell in Round 2

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Yeah, he looks like Eddie George to me. The only thing that concerns me is the apostrophe in his first name. Every time I see his name I have to pause on his name like I have torrets over seeing it.
    The only thing that concerns me is all the comparisons to RBs from back in the day...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Where does it go? Is it just a random thing?
    F'lippy
    Flip'py
    Flipp'y
    Le'Flip

Seriously though, doesn't the '''" have to stand for some letters? What is the "'" shortening in Le'Veon? And the V is capital so Veon must be a word. Is it Let's Veon. Wait that's another apostrophe. Ugh!?! What does Le'Veon stand for? Is it French - The Veon? Or did his mom just not know how to spell? That's cool, I can't either half the time. But I just get so darn hung up on his name that I almost want Dwyer or Redman to beat him out as a starter.
    Le'Flip ... kind of like Le'Tang, very cool. Or Le'Flippy. Those seem to work. Next we'll see D'wyer or Re'da'Man.

There are no rules for the use in apostrophies in proper names, based on my extensive research, or based on my internal logic, can't seem to remember which.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rara View Post
    D'ukieBoy...
    That's good. But I may have to go with Du'Kiebois

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Le'veon being taller, maybe he will draw fewer penalties under the new rules for leading with his h'elmet.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    from now on I wish to be known as hawai'iansteel

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Le'Flip ... kind of like Le'Tang, very cool. Or Le'Flippy. Those seem to work. Next we'll see D'wyer or Re'da'Man.

There are no rules for the use in apostrophies in proper names, based on my extensive research, or based on my internal logic, can't seem to remember which.
    When I typed Le'Flip it made me think of Pulp Fiction and I almost went with Le'Flip with Cheese. Had to be your research cause I can't figure out any logic in it. So I'm gonna start using it rand'omly. Maybe it will work in some good ole' Hines-Ku cause it will add more syllables where there are none. Although it might be challenging for me because I repeatedly prove I can't always count.

Le'Veon....Oh Yeah
    Why don't all Steel'ers use them?
    A'po'stro'phes Nuts.

Legend

User Info Menu

That sounds like a fancy kielbasa.

Ra'Ra seems like the right way to split that one up. Although I have to admit, I have another tick - every time I read RaRa, I hear rapping in my head going "Ra Ra Ra Ra Ra"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    from now on I wish to be known as hawai'iansteel

It's like today for the first time you got back to your roots. Seriously why can't Le'Veon be as cool as you and drop the "'". Although, there is the word trophy in apostrophe. Maybe Le'Veon is the key to bringing us #7 home where it belongs

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

That sounds like a fancy kielbasa.

Ra'Ra seems like the right way to split that one up. Although I have to admit, I have another tick - every time I read RaRa, I hear rapping in my head going "Ra Ra Ra Ra Ra"
    Yeah, French kiilbasa, made with h'orsemeat (don't tell Chadman).

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

D'ick Le'Beau