Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Benching Mendenhall ... Tomlin's equivalent of Cowher's spitting?

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    Mendy may have carried the ball for his last time as a Steeler last week. I think he is done in Pittsburgh.
    I still think he is our best option as a 3rd down back because Rainey is so easily destoyed. Based on what he has done this year, he might not demand that much as a FA. As long as he gets coached up properly to carry the ball more securely

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Until the last drive, of course. Wallace dropped 1 catch he should have made. Batch missed him on a sure TD.

And when we needed to move the ball on that last drive, Wallace came up with a couple of catches when needed.

Sanders has 3 fumbles in 2 weeks.
    To be fair to Sanders you can't count the last play against the Browns as a fumble. We were tossing the ball around trying to shake somebody loose. Now the other 2 fumbles were on him. So was the dropped pass yesterday. I didn't like the fact that he did his best Limas Sweed imitation after that drop either.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    To be fair to Sanders you can't count the last play against the Browns as a fumble. We were tossing the ball around trying to shake somebody loose. Now the other 2 fumbles were on him. So was the dropped pass yesterday. I didn't like the fact that he did his best Limas Sweed imitation after that drop either.
    I don't think he was faking the shoulder...when he dove for the ball he fumbled, he landed pretty awkwardly on his shoulder and was driven into the turf by Ravens defenders...it wasn't the reason he fumbled, but I don't think he was faking...

Legend

User Info Menu

The only mystery I am trying to understand is why the Steelers have had less than 10% of carries to the perimeter. I thought maybe when Rainey and Mendenhall were in the game we would see more of these kinds of plays. But the vast majority of runs are between the tackles. Just seems to tremendously limit the run game options.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I don't think he was faking the shoulder...when he dove for the ball he fumbled, he landed pretty awkwardly on his shoulder and was driven into the turf by Ravens defenders...it wasn't the reason he fumbled, but I don't think he was faking...
    Maybe Goodell can make that call. Sanders might be deemed a repeat offender.